ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oops...Crashed the V6 (lots of pics)

Golf R
Update

Rang Admiral this morning who advised they have received the quote from the bodyshop and a decision would be made by midday tomorrow!

Decided to ring the bodyshop to find out what they quoted so i have an idea. The women said we have quoted £3500 which was based on an estimate from our computer system which was on a normal clio.....she then stated, with it being the v6 parts will be more expensive (well spotted lady)

I can't work out wether she meant it was originally based on a normal clio but they have increased the amount reflective of it being a V6. Surely the damage to mine (if a normal clio) would not be £3500.00?!?!

best of luck with Admiral :rolleyes:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
not that i'm a stalker but i had these on my phone, took in april!!!

Image004.jpg

Image003.jpg

looked mint, hope it gets sorted :cool:

M

M7CUO_V6

It so easily done in these cars on wet roads.

I had the back shoot out a few times coming out of junctions ect with a bit to much juice.

Quite unpredictable cars in this weather! partly why mine had to go, was scared of doing the same thing.

Good luck with getting it sorted mate.

CLIO V6
Hows getting it sorted going Rob ?? any progress .. bad time of year too :)

Spoke to Admiral yesterday and the work has been authorised to go ahead :D

I decided to ring the garage to find out what work they intend to do. Apparently they will be replacing the bonnet, front n/s wing, front bumper, repair the rear bumper and n/s rear wing. There was also a list of other small parts like the rubber lip on the bottom of the bumper, fog light surround, etc etc. She also said they will be replacing the front n/s headlight and fog light!! The lights seem fine to me unless the backs have been damaged.

All being well (subject to parts) it should all be getting done shortly and will have it back on the road! The Noble will have to take a back seat for a while though and will have to keep the Vee a while longer.

Maz

LY 200
Hows getting it sorted going Rob ?? any progress .. bad time of year too :)

Spoke to Admiral yesterday and the work has been authorised to go ahead :D

I decided to ring the garage to find out what work they intend to do. Apparently they will be replacing the bonnet, front n/s wing, front bumper, repair the rear bumper and n/s rear wing. There was also a list of other small parts like the rubber lip on the bottom of the bumper, fog light surround, etc etc. She also said they will be replacing the front n/s headlight and fog light!! The lights seem fine to me unless the backs have been damaged.

All being well (subject to parts) it should all be getting done shortly and will have it back on the road! The Noble will have to take a back seat for a while though and will have to keep the Vee a while longer.

Glad its getting sorted for you :D

CLIO V6
Its finally back after a very long wait......went to pick it up yesterday from Elite Bodycraft in Telford. The work appears to be of a good standard, which i would expect given they have had it since 19th December.

If i get chance i will take soom pics once its been cleaned

CLIO V6
How come everyone crashes at about 20mph?

Rear wheel drive, get one and you will understand. Specially with rear mounted engines where the weight transfer is sometimes instant.

Yep. I was coming out of a cross road junction. There is a bad camber you have to cross to turn right and the back just kicked out. There was nothing i could do and just had to wait to hit the central reservation!

MCS R56
How come everyone crashes at about 20mph?

Rear wheel drive, get one and you will understand. Specially with rear mounted engines where the weight transfer is sometimes instant.

So does that mean they (the cars) don't handle or the driver can't handle? Or is it just because of the road conditions? Weight transfer at 20mph....what's it like at 70mph?

Megane 230 R26
not that i'm a stalker but i had these on my phone, took in april!!!

Image004.jpg

Image003.jpg

looked mint, hope it gets sorted :cool:

Ah yes, that would have been outside Last Orders. The g/f would have had it that day.

Late reply I know, but... tell her off for parking so far from the kerb and not keeping your precious V6 as far away from the car park noobs as possible! When I can find an end space I personally wedge it right up close to the kerb :cool: All part of the fight against the idiots who will just open their door into you without giving a s**t :(