ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oops..................what have I done wrong? Notchy steering!!

CS Dungeon
Basically changed the clutch and replaced the gearbox on the 172 by dropping the subframe on the gearbox side only but didnt lower the PAS rack very much!
I managed to get it all back together yesterday and all is running fine, but the steering keeps catching and freeing as if its notchy and goes really stiff, the indicators do not self cancel and the horn does not work!

What could I of done wrong? Do you think I fubar'd the rack? If so that wont explain the sudden loss of cancelling indi's and no horn!

Thanks

Megane dci 130
You didnt disconect the coupling from the column and have destroyed the rotary switch and possibly the universal joints in the column.

Clio 182
Had the same thing on a golf i had. Changed the box and had the same fault you have.
Turned out to be the Dif as after a week of trying to work out what the hell it was the diff removed itself from the box as i was going around a corner.
Hope its not that mate.