ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Open Files GRRRR

Revels Mum & Sister
Got a small problem.

Recently moving some data folders from one Array to another on a Server 2003 SBS box.

Used Robocopy but it is refusing to move a few files here and there saying they are locked or in use. They are NOT in use as the only person with access to these doesnt have there PC on. I am logged into the Domain with Admin privs.

ideally I dont want to have to reboot into safe mode due to them having 20-30 remote users via VPN on various building sites and it creates a massive headache for everyone involved

So HELP I cant find any programs that will do the job. Running out of ideas

Revels Mum & Sister
No the weird thing is Robocopy finishes fine, doesnt stop and unfortunately I need EVERY single file to match. Tried running it again and same result. Could be an issue within the OS.

I have started a restore of the Archived files from Backupexec, just tried one file that was locked and now it isnt so will let that finish and do it that way. Just has been a right pain in the ass.

Cheers for the suggestions though :)

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL I am a bit to young to remember DOS properly :(

But yeah sometimes Windows can be a right pain in the ass, this server in particular has ALLWAYS been a right ball ache. Ideally it could do with wiping clean and setting up again. It was originally configured for 12 users on one site by another company but they went bust so we took over and it has allways done weird stuff.

But flattening it and starting afresh or even suggesting this to the Directors would make them have heart attacks