ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Open Source ASP.NET Framework

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for an open source platform that will allow me to easily display data from my SQL database to a webpage. Currently I'm using SQL with ASP.NET C# but the built in tables in Visual Studio seem really poor to deal with. I cannot format them easily and or integrate them well with my site.

I'd also like the ability to easily search the database and display the results to the user who can then click on one of the records for more information.

I'm not sure that what I'm looking for even exists but I basically want a framework that I can build upon instead of using the Visual Studio built in controls.

If anyone has any experience with anything like this then let me know.

It might be that what I'm asking for is impossible and if that's the case then you can ignore me :p

Clio 172
I have to be totally honest - I'm out of my depth with SQL (I understand the jist of it)

Rhys works within the community - although not directly on SQL but I'm sure he'll know some kind of alternative or be able to suggest something for you.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
If you're literally just wanting to pull data from an SQL database, checkout PHP or Python. Both are able to do this easily.
STRBramley

That's the bare basics of what I'm needing to do. I also want to be able to search, use edit forms, display reports and produce exclusion lists etc...

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
That's the bare basics of what I'm needing to do. I also want to be able to search, use edit forms, display reports and produce exclusion lists etc...

Sure, you could do all of that. This forum is written in PHP, and the database backend will most definitely be SQL-based. In here you can do all of that, right? ;-)

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I think this was basically what I was looking for. I'll give it a go tonight but it looks like it has some useful grid views and some editable ones too which will be really useful.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
jQuery. There are loads of "database" controls for it, check out DataTables etc.

It'll just use a PHP script to perform database access.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
These for the replies.

I've been using ext.net and it's perfect for what I need it for. It's really easy to grab and manipulate data straight from SQL.