ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opening old clio Wounds

Ziel Nurburgring

What ever happened with the Brake Bias panic that went on about 6 weeks ago, ws it ever put to bed???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Its ok, I personally checked this out on ACTIS and the Cup does not have a link to the brake bias valve according to a Renault technical bulletin I have seen with my own eyes.

No worries... :)

Mr2 Roadster

Looks like he read my post as meaning problem with the 172 and not the cup... lol

Had my valve replaced and had the link fitted at the same time. I argued the case and had new rear discs and pads as well.

Car feels sooo much better under breaking now.

J

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 08 January 2004

How do you know whether you need this or not?
If you have a 172 there is a link bar between the rear beam and the brake bias valve, wheras on the Cup there is no link.

Dont panic, the cars leave the factory like that and its correct!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 08 January 2004

they didnt put it on to save weight and cost
LOL

On a serious note, its to do with the ABS, or lack of it...

Dont want to confuse things but ... I thought that if the car had ABS & EBD then it didnt need a brake bias valve ? i.e. the electronics sort out not locking the rears up regardless of load, without the sensors (i.e. a cup) you need something mechanical to adjust the bias ?