ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Operation Flashpoint 2

JB

RB 182 Cup
So I would stand perfectly still to pull out a pistol or a combat knife? If the game 'allows' you to reload while walking and even sprinting - surely that's even more difficult than slinging your rifle over your shoulder (or simply even dropping it?) and withdrawing your sidearm?

It just seems daft why they put that into the game yet allow things like the sprint-reload to still work. I'd actually thought that the game had crashed at first until I realised I could still look around.

D.
Be grateful. In the first game you couldn't even reload a pistol unless you were standing still :S

MP is getting infuriating now - there are next-to-no servers and any I do find I can't connect to so the only option is to hit 'quick game' and hope it's with a decent amount of players on a decent map. Anyone up for a CS meet!?

Was just trying to assasinate a PLA General in the campaign. Camped on a hill with my Barret .50 when suddenly a squad member cries out in pain that he's been hit and his status changes to orange (injured)! Quick sweep reveals no enemy contacts and there are no large drops anywhere nearby. Wtf did he trip on a tree stump?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't seem to be getting any real issues with the game. Some of the extreme range graphics go a little stupid. That 1st mission with the lighthouse, I travelled towards it with the jeep then bailed out some distance away with the Barret. When I hit the first of four enemy on the hillside, the other three scrambled down the hill. But at this range, the game made it look like they were in mid air. I still got them though. Calculating bullet-drop - FTW. :)

I've only had one instance of bullshit shooting as well - and I damn well forgot to press my FRAPs key to record it. Again, near the lighthouse, I'd picked off most of them and then saw one guy on the ground @ 300m. Point blank range for the Barret - aimed in prone and fired. The dust fleck appeared straight on him - and he continued to move. He did this before (for some reason) the game thought that the fifth round had actually hit and killed him. Lol.

I bet with four PCs linked up, the co-op campaign mode is superb.

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
I had a blast this morning on XBL with 3 other mates and it was excellent. That was always the strong point of OFP, coop.

We were attacking the fuel depot on one of the short missions. Used the IR laser and NVG's to coordinate the attack and point out targets. Really makes the game more immersive, playing with people who you can work together with.

Not got a car
My ping is sometimes high on this game, i just find servers that allow high ping.

I played online last night, was quite good. Although if you are on the Chinese side they have some s**t guns.

Not got a car
More i keep playing the shitter it gets, Shot some one their body dissapre but you team mate says "body found"

You think you have cleared a village but when you enter there are about 5 that pop up in front of you doing their stupid walk.

306 GTI-6
Think this is quite good.

Have to play it very tactically. Chaining commands, splitting your fire team, outflanking etc. Think about formations and the like.

I am taking my time and completing the missions fully.

Good touches like bullet drop when sniping etc, and using SAMs picked up from dead enemies etc.

OK, the graphica arent all that, and sometimes there are little glitches, like a dead soldier stood with no gun lol. But its nice thats its more cerebral than the COD games.

Oh, and the reason it takes a while to switch to/from Javelin/SMaw etc, is that you have to assemble them like you would in reality. You cant just run around with them ready made on your back like in Modern Warfare.

re the tactics thats b****cks as i have said a few times you can finish this game just running and gunning basically i did, 1 man on his own except where it forces other people to follow you etc

no real thinking is required at all

bullet drop is a bit b****cks too it seems to be way out they are weighted for 100meter yet i can hit people at 309-400 meters by setting it to 200 meters

also you cant shoot through walls and you cant hit peoples who head is just peaking over things

306 GTI-6
Of course you can do it by running and gunning, but thats not the point of the game. Its supposed to be played tactically, and that is how you get the most out of the game.

Of course you can do it by running and gunning, but thats not the point of the game. Its supposed to be played tactically, and that is how you get the most out of the game.

Then imo the game must punish you for running and gunning!

Far too many people saying this is far too shite!

306 GTI-6
Then imo the game must punish you for running and gunning!

Far too many people saying this is far too s**te!

It does, you make it a lot harder for yourself by trying to go all 'Lone Gunman'. The enemy outflank you, reinforcements arrive without you noticing, ammo isnt in plentiful supply to do it all yourself.

Its satisfying to send your fireteam in a flanking maneouvre(sp) whilst you keep your sites trained on an enemy emplacement. Then as you watch your squad fire on them from one or two sides, splitting their forces and dividing their attention, you can then attack from a 2nd or 3rd side.

Sending your troops into close cover near enemies, then calling in a danger close artillery strike to weaken the enemy, before you move in to mop up the resistance.

The people who winge about how 'crap' this game is, obviously just want a run and gun experience, which means they bought the wrong game. Either that or they havent got the patience or thought to play the game in the way it was intended.

come on since when has it taken 5-6 hits to take someone down and how when you hit someone with a 50 cal can they just get fixed up by the medic then carry on no getting taken out on a medevac for a few weeks/months in a hospital etc

also they cant drive for s**t in-fact the tanks handle better than the jeeps

its about as sim like as the sims is to real life

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Think this is quite good.

Have to play it very tactically. Chaining commands, splitting your fire team, outflanking etc. Think about formations and the like.

I am taking my time and completing the missions fully.

Good touches like bullet drop when sniping etc, and using SAMs picked up from dead enemies etc.

OK, the graphica arent all that, and sometimes there are little glitches, like a dead soldier stood with no gun lol. But its nice thats its more cerebral than the COD games.

Oh, and the reason it takes a while to switch to/from Javelin/SMaw etc, is that you have to assemble them like you would in reality. You cant just run around with them ready made on your back like in Modern Warfare.

I thought that was a neat touch in America's Army - where you actually assembled the Javelin before firing it. And then you bashed it a few times when the connection wasn't made - lol!

I do like OF2. As said, I'd really like to play the full campaign in co-op mode and set it to Hardcore difficulty. It certainly is a very good base for a series of add-ons and potential expansions - especially if they develop a PC-specific control method. ;)

D.

306 GTI-6
come on since when has it taken 5-6 hits to take someone down and how when you hit someone with a 50 cal can they just get fixed up by the medic then carry on no getting taken out on a medevac for a few weeks/months in a hospital etc

also they cant drive for s**t in-fact the tanks handle better than the jeeps

its about as sim like as the sims is to real life

Flol at the comment on number of hits. COD? Full mags get emptied into people in that and they kill you with a knife or similar. OPF2 is a computer game, and as such is never going to be exactly like real life, and I dont think they are claiming it is either.

What it is however, is a much more immersive, and thought provoking game than the COD style FPS. This has strategy elemnts, and to get the best out of it, you have to think what you are doing.

At the end of the day, everyone has, and is entitled, to their opinion on anything and everything. However, most of the arguments in this thread for the game being s**t, are because people arent able to play the game like COD style games. I enjoy those immensely, and purposefully bought this as I wanted a change from running around emptying clips into someone, picking up their gun, and repeat.

Not got a car
This is s**t, They wont swim

Untitled-7.gif

This is good, I love just doing single mission anf blowing peoples heads off

1.gif

2.gif

Not got a car
Right, ive been playing multiplayer alot, but i spend more time waiting than i do playing and that f**king music while waiting drives you up the wall, That man maoning and groaning like his bum is being rapped. :mad:

I cant belive how good some people are, I been on some games where people get over 100 kills and no deaths, I must be just me that is s**t at it, i just cant shoot anyone and keep getting killed by people i cant see.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Right, ive been playing multiplayer alot, but i spend more time waiting than i do playing and that f**king music while waiting drives you up the wall, That man maoning and groaning like his bum is being rapped. :mad:

I cant belive how good some people are, I been on some games where people get over 100 kills and no deaths, I must be just me that is s**t at it, i just cant shoot anyone and keep getting killed by people i cant see.

LOL I said the same thing to my mrs!
This game is poo. I tried to like it. It doesn't even fall into the simulator catagory like Project Reality. It's just plain poo.
Giving it back today, for FORZA 3! And I find Forza Boring after an hour!! Says it all really..

Not got a car
God dam game, it has potential but its s**t lol

Multiplayer you have to wait 30mins to start, then when playing it either looses connection or comes up not enough players.

What rating did this game get from gaming mags?

BMW E92/Audi S3
God dam game, it has potential but its s**t lol

Multiplayer you have to wait 30mins to start, then when playing it either looses connection or comes up not enough players.

What rating did this game get from gaming mags?

Yeah the internet thing is poo too.
I was searching for a game for just under half an hour the other day out of boredom. Nothing.
I got into one and got disconnected straight away. I can swear their connections are made from string and kit kat foil.