ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on a Ashley, peco, janspeed and Sportex backbox's?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Bascially I don't want to spend much more than £100 on a back box. I have only have a 1.2 and preferably no bigger than a 3" pipe and for it not to sound to loud that it deafens you. Has anyone has any of these back boxes before? Do they sound okay idle and at motorway speeds? Open to any other reccomendations!

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Also Do any of them sound alright at high revs for inside the car is what im more worried about !

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
On my very 1st car I had a peco backbox. Sounded lovely and looked quite tasteful too, especially compared with what others fitted at the time.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I had a Peco Big Bore 4 jap style effort on my 1.2 clio, sounded well but looked ridiculous :eek:

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
On my very 1st car I had a peco backbox. Sounded lovely and looked quite tasteful too, especially compared with what others fitted at the time.
and again did it sound nice from the inside aswell and not to loud at motorway speeds?:)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it was nice, no droning.

Can't say the same about the Sportex that came on the car I replaced it with

Last edited:
Don't get a Peco, they sound ridiculous. I had one on my 1.2 and it was louder than my decatted 172 was. The silly things you do when you're 17...

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Don't get a Peco, they sound ridiculous. I had one on my 1.2 and it was louder than my decatted 172 was. The silly things you do when you're 17...
ahaa! Your only young once! I'd rather do silly little modifications while i'm young not when i'm 40 looking like a right douche aha!

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Had ktec 182 style on my old 1.2 sounded mint tbh and wasnt that noisey just a nice burble and it used to pop and bang alot too :) but was alot more that 100
Something like that i would actually love! Minus the price tag haha! Heard you had to remove the spare wheel to fit one of them exhausts?

Naha no u dont have to remove the spare, they just put a pipe between the wheel well and the bumper thats all, mine didnt do it to start with but after the 6 months or so it started to then by the time i sold her, she would do it almost every time i changed gear if i was ragging it, and when shifting down with just a lil bit of the throttle at the right time and she would pop. Ocasionally even bang and crackle :D Standard map too.

Personally id say go for it, i enjoyed my 1.2 for 3 years so got the monies worth out of the exhaust IMO.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Naha no u dont have to remove the spare, they just put a pipe between the wheel well and the bumper thats all, mine didnt do it to start with but after the 6 months or so it started to then by the time i sold her, she would do it almost every time i changed gear if i was ragging it, and when shifting down with just a lil bit of the throttle at the right time and she would pop. Ocasionally even bang and crackle :D Standard map too.

Personally id say go for it, i enjoyed my 1.2 for 3 years so got the monies worth out of the exhaust IMO.
Oh really! I'll probably look into it a bit more then to be honest! I'm going to have this car for a few years so that's why i'm trying to make it mine by doing little stuff like this to it! Defo going to look into it pal!

I should of got a video of it but never did lol. Well if your going to keep the car then do what u can to enjoy it and make it yours not just another clio :). (says the idiot spending 5k on a turbo conversion for a clio XD). Been to ktec twice for exhausts and both times they have been spot on, and the newest one sounds even better than the 1.2.