ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on hybrid parts

Im a real fan of the original look, but am not against the idea of raiding the parts bin to create a slightly different look for your car as long as they are parts designed for that car. Case in point: 16Vs look very good with Williams-style wheels (as long as theyre not gold, as that would be ripping off the look) and Ive seen Golfs with Bora front ends etc. All original parts, but used imaginatively.

My Ph2 172 came with a Cup splitter fitted and some clear bulbs/indicator lenses, but Im thinking of any other parts I could fit from the Renault shelf. I think Ive got a good start with having all the 172 standard kit (xenons, leather, CD stack option etc). But have you any suggestions for other bits?

I was thinking of Cup wheels, but Im not trying to make a Cup replica - just complementing my 172 with a good bit of wheel design that suits the shape.

Any thoughts?

Lol - I think whatever I do has to be in the spirit of driving first.

I fitted larger wheels to my first two Clios back in the day (Mk1 1.2 and 16V), then found that the original wheels on the 16V gave way better handling... not to be confused with grip.

I dont think Id go for white wheels either, since whatever I do has to look original!

i have fitted 17s to my 1.8 16v, Hybrid, 172 and have got them on the 182 and can honestly say i have never noticed any difference.

As for handling............ the more grip you have the better the handling is.

Hmmm...well, food for thought at least. I found that bigger wheels gave lots of grip, but it wasnt balanced by good damping from relatively higher profile tyres and was less progressive on the limit (on or off grip).