ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on these few mods :)

1.5dci Clio3
As the title suggests, I'd like a few opinions on the few mods I'd like to do onto my Clio, being that it is my daily Im not going all out like I have done with my civic!
So, first off, power with the 1.5dci isn't a problem, I'm quite happy with how the 90bhp engine runs and performs, but I love the sound a k&n style filter sounds on most cars, so i think it'd give a nice sound to the induction?
The mods are mainly for looks, here's the list!

-Sticker bombing the trim on the dash (I'm young, think it looks cool :p)
-tinting the rear 3 windows slightly
-smoothing the whole car, it's a 5 door so quite a bit of work
-30mm lowering springs, to make it sit a little nicer
-finally an induction kit, just to add a bit of grunt when accelerating!

Let me know if you'd agree with the few mods I'd do, ta,

I'd go with the springs.

A diesel with an induction kit? Not certain how that will fine.

Sticker bomb well I'm 33 not my cup of tea.

Get a decat and a remap would be my recommendation

Have you heard what a diesel sounds like with an induction kit? If not check it out on youtube before making a final decision as its not the same as most cars that run one as they are usually petrol.

Sounds like a tractor!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Decat and springs are probably the only thing I would do if you're not going all out.

Get it sticker bombed though if you like that sort of thing. It's your car. Which sticker set were you thinking of are would you do it for real with individual stickers?

1.5dci Clio3
After looking at a few videos of decats, I think that will take the place of the induction kit, as for stickers, I like it, it'll all be done in individual stickers, not over the top on every bit of trim. But definitely a set of springs, decay and stickers seem to be the idea now! Thanks :)

Sticker bombing properly can be cool as its a collection of stickers that actually mean something to that person and there is a story behind how they got them and what they are for. A Sticker bomb sheet is a bit of a cop out IMO. :wink:

Remember its not real unless you have photos!

1.5dci Clio3
It'll be done properly, I don't like those sheets anyways ;) I don't know how hard/easy it'll be to decat either :')