ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on this 172

Saying about damage to a rear arch and no picture means it's probably bad.

I'd also want to know who did the cambelt. They're so fragile, many people get them done by people incorrectly. In the end I opted to buy one without it done and have it done properly by someone I trust.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i know but it is so cheap i could get fred to do it and still end up the price of most 172's

BMW M135I
Did you read the second to last sentence?

"Recent rear passenger quarter pannel damage quoted £300 to repair"

That is reflected in the price though

Ok then, revels beat me to it

BG 182 FF
Theres a few silver 172's on autotrader same sort of milage, no damage, would need to find out about belts. But they are going for about 500-600 quid more. Personally wouldn't touch that one on pistonheads.

i wouldn't touch it mate as said above their are better examples elsewhere. i think his head is in the clouds "just fitted an exhaust and it is running the same power as the 182"?? it might but an exhaust wouldn't give you a bhp gain

also had the timing belt done early? not to far away from having its second belt!!!!

and as revels said no pics of the damage means it is bad and will cost alot more than £300

don't do it

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
so what sort of money should i be looking to spend on a 52 onwards 172 in either silver or black with less than 70k on it

BG 182 FF
so what sort of money should i be looking to spend on a 52 onwards 172 in either silver or black with less than 70k on it

Go on autotrader to get a rough idea and have a look i would say about 2500-2750 for a ph2 and around 2000 for a ph1 personally.
You could contact steve at R-sport cars may help you to just a thought. Have a look at the buyers guide to help you to see what things you are looking for too.
Hope that helps.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
yeah i have been looking around autotrader but you dont know what the car actually sold for, cos i was thinking about 2.5k for a decent one and they seem to be around that, but some owners just pick a random price as some have no idea what they are selling.