ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on where to sell my car

Hi

I am wanting to sell my clio 182 and wondered if it was worth becoming a member on here to sell it or sell it through Pistonheads.

I put it on pistonheads last but didnt get much interest, do you think i would get more interest here?

Thanks in advance

matt

Put it on here. Good description and good pictures.

List all the important info and include details about previous belt change.

£12 odd for an advert that will last until the car sells.

Is that through experience?

I've never had any interest on Autotrader. It's been here/pistonheads.:dapprove:

It is, although to be fair I have been mainly selling cars that are sub 2K. The last car I sold I had on most sites, pistonheads, here and Gumtree for weeks and not a peep. Within five days on Autotrader it had sold.

500 Twinair
I would put it up for sale on here and Pistonhead.
I would def buy a Clio sport off a member on here, but for me pistonhead was more active in the terms that people wanted to buy and not just look.
Autotrader is just a waste of time, I was just contacted by scammers all the time.

okay, so between here and autotrader, is my money worth being spent on here or autotrader. or is it just down to luck lol. iots going to be around the 3k mark

DB.

BMW 440i
Think of it this way, where is the first place you look when looking to buy new cars.

I know mine is Autotrader

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its 12 quid, its not a big investment, would have thought it was worth a try joining up here to post it for that cost TBH.

RB 182
for the sake of £12 to join on here, and X amount on autotrader - do both if it'll ensure your £3,000 car will sell!

Cup, Lude & Z
Thought about buying an RS, joined here to read up on them, cup advertised here by a member, bought it.

Would have thought any serious buyer would look here first for common faults etc etc

Added bonus of scrolling through their posts to see what problems they had or bodge's they did :p

Last edited:
i would say on here as well
i have joined up in the hope of finding a nice well looked after example
seen a few posts from people saying they are thinking of selling up

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This place really does beggar belief sometimes!

You have a (roughly) £3000 car that is not selling on ebay/PH etc, suprise suprise, and spending £12 enables you to advertise it on possibly the biggest clio website in the whole of the universe.... Now if that is not worth spending £12, I don't know what is.

I've lost more than £12 down the back of the sofa, it's not going to break the bank!

all i am finding at the moment are people off loading there cars that need a 700-00 service and cambelt change but still want top money for them
theres a 36k 172 on ebay thats never had a belt change, i would be s**t scared to start it up let alone drive it home

172 cup
Thought about buying an RS, joined here to read up on them, cup advertised here by a member, bought it.

Would have thought any serious buyer would look here first for common faults etc etc

Added bonus of scrolling through their posts to see what problems they had or bodge's they did :p

i second that, did the same

This place really does beggar belief sometimes!

You have a (roughly) £3000 car that is not selling on ebay/PH etc, suprise suprise, and spending £12 enables you to advertise it on possibly the biggest clio website in the whole of the universe.... Now if that is not worth spending £12, I don't know what is.

I've lost more than £12 down the back of the sofa, it's not going to break the bank!

This.

When i sold my 350z i got the most interest from this site and PH.

I have brought a 197, and a 200 in the space of a month, never once thought of autotrader. Only looked on pistonheads and this site.
I'm ultra fussy, and it seems (in my experience) that autotrader is full of run of the mill cars, i find as an enthusiast you will find nicer cars through pistonheads, or here.

Williams 2
Surprised autotrader is being recommended, ive used it (as well as pistonheads) to advertise my past 5 or 6 cars for sale that i've owned. Think I sold 1, maybe 2 through autotrader (£45), all the rest were through pistonheads (£10). Seem to get more serious enquiries through PH too.

Must come down to the type of car your selling or the area you live I suppose.

I'm selling mine in a month or 2 and won't bother with autotrader, especially not for £40!