ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please on this 200

RB182cup&golf gti
Going to have a nosey round fords of winsford car supermarket tomorrow.
This car has caught my eye, however they've just posted up pics and I'm wondering why the air intake pipe has a date scrawled on it. Reminds me of when I used to pick parts up years ago from the scrapyard. Possible accident repair job? Plus the engine bay is filthy but quite fancy a little project so not overly put off by that, just the writing on the pipe.

http://www.fow.co.uk/our-cars/view/renault-clio-nx60wyl

They have a 200t in so going to see what they're like in the flesh as still yet to see one.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I can't read FOW without hearing that b*****d jingle.

The car looks tidy enough. Recaros are a bonus. As is the cup chassis. And digital climate control.

That engine is oddly dirty though and ive not seen that writing on the intake before

RB182cup&golf gti
Lol I hate the place, hate the radio ads and the cheesy bloke that does the videos has got the most annoying voice. Not even looking for a car, was checking an mpv out for a mate when stumbled across the 200 so thought may as well go and have a look.
Yeah agree, recaros (although can't make out if the bolster is warn thru) and cup pack and black tick the boxes for me, just got concerns over that pipe!

RB182cup&golf gti
Had a look and didn't bother test driving it. 4 new budget tyres, couple of marks and curbed wheels. Side bolsters were not warn through but we're thin. There was another one in great nic on 11k miles with the cup spoiler which was nicer, but didn't have recaros or cup pack. 200t in the showroom looked mint.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I bought my old 197 from there in 2008, that too had some ditchfinder 2000's on the front, and a crap wheel refurb that blew off when jet washed. still once those niggles were address it was a good car.

RB182cup&golf gti
I suppose they have tight margins there as they have a lot of stock they need to turnover quickly. So they won't spend hours prepping each car. Pretty sure you can't haggle the price down either. I'm sure the one I went to see had been recently MOT'd as the front discs, whilst coated in rust, had no lip on them and all 4 tyres were new. Half of me thinks it might be worth a punt haha

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Worth a mileage check as the drivers recaro is fubared- the 200 ones don't often go before 50k. it appears to have been stitched.

RB182cup&golf gti
Its a poor pic Steve as it's not worn through. It's got quite a fluffy bobbled surface though and on the thin side!

RB 200
With a bit of love and £'s you can turn it into a good one. Get the Bolsters re-trimmed in leatherette is my tip.

RB182cup&golf gti
With a bit of love and £'s you can turn it into a good one. Get the Bolsters re-trimmed in leatherette is my tip.

Had a good look round it and it was "ok". Hadn't been prepped very well, but then that's to be expected at that place. The recaro didn't look too bad through the window and hadn't torn. Wheels needed a refurb and tyres were all new but budget ones. Small scuff on back quarter which I'm confident would have buffed out. It will make a nice car for somebody for sure, but not me! At least not today anyway as now seen a very nice mk6 golf gti. Bloody "I want a new car" itch never goes away.

Golf R
Not bad them Golf Mk6's :) still find myself being drawn to a RS 16T though, so many questions though. :(
1EDBA4B0-8C81-419C-9E80-03622D7039CB_zpssr2wbpxy.gif