ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions Please...

Ok, i should finish spraying my v6 spoiler tomorrow. I've also got mk2 ph2 side strips and silver badges to spray. Whilst i'm colour coding the car I was thinking what else can be done...

Wanted to do the boot lock and door handles anyway but do people think I should paint the rest of the wing mirrors which are currently part silver, part black plastic and the front fog light surrounds?

attachment.jpg
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4941&stc=1&d=1142270967

attachment.jpg

Chris

Attachments

• CAR.JPG
    CAR.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture(25).jpg
    Picture(25).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 91
  Megane225FF
spray the fog light surrounds black, not silver and do the rest of wing mirrors in black too... just my thought on the matter.

Black Gold 182
yeah i was going to say..dnt do the fog surrounds or the rest of the wing mirrors silver. just the side strips and handles

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
sand everything down and have them sprayed gloss black.

just to be different. mirrors, bumpstrips etc etc

very nice car btw. :)

i had the same problem... how much to spray.

in the end i did the strips, boot lock and handles... didnt want too much silver :)

PIC

Nah, it's going silver, I do the work myself and i've already bought the paint. What colour are your badges on your mk1?

fUbAr said:
my custom badges

all done by me :approve:

PIC

Lol not you sorry. I was talking to Carbon Copy :eek:

I'm not gonna be using the ph1 strips. Swapping to the ph2 and ph2 badges.

fungusman said:
That is nice.. go all silver like fubar.. thats lush

Forget the side strips, door handles and boot lock. I'm already spraying those silver anyway as that was the plan. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on how the front fog light surrounds look sprayed silver and the rest of the wing mirrors including the black plastic backing on the door as pictured with an arrow to it.

Chris

ChrisK 172 said:
Lol not you sorry. I was talking to Carbon Copy :eek:

I'm not gonna be using the ph1 strips. Swapping to the ph2 and ph2 badges.

pah, and i was about to complement you on your car :rasp:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Leave the mirror mounts and fog surrounds black.

It'll look too silver and soft. A bit of black, proper black looks good on a car.

Bit of contrast breaks things up and shows off the details of a car. All one colour and everything blends together too much.

IMHO of course.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
ChrisK 172 said:
I don't like that. I'm definately leaving them black lol

Big time I dont like that. I would say smooth the fog light surrounds and spray them either gloss or matt black. I think matt might look quite good?

Rob

Mk1 V6 Import
Please don't spray the foglight surrounds or the wing mirror bases. A firend did his and it just looked crap. Too much silver. Everything else is fine m8! have you stuck a Mk2 Phase 2 boot on it witht the big ranualt badge boot release button? they look mint!

Turbos.
I think its the phase 2s that look weird with colour coded fog light surrounds. If i had a phase 1 i'd do a full silver colour code and have phase 2 side strips :)

Tim Lennox said:
Please don't spray the foglight surrounds or the wing mirror bases. A firend did his and it just looked crap. Too much silver. Everything else is fine m8! have you stuck a Mk2 Phase 2 boot on it witht the big ranualt badge boot release button? they look mint!

No i'm not changing the boot lid. Just adding a v6 spoiler from a 255 and spraying the current boot lock silver. Thanks for comments.

I've never seen a picture of one with the fog light surrounds but I don't like it one bit. Won't be doing it. Less work for me to do :approve: !

Civic Type-R
I found this pic of 1 with everything colour coded :) think it looks quite smart IMO. Hope the person doesnt mind me using a pic of their car as an example!

frontquarter9fs.jpg

RacerStu said:
I found this pic of 1 with everything colour coded :) think it looks quite smart IMO. Hope the person doesnt mind me using a pic of their car as an example!

frontquarter9fs.jpg

Now i'm stuck cos I like that :mad:

Golf R/Leon FR
i was gonna say leave the fog lights and mirrors but it looks nice in that pic with it all done. very nice RS-1 that. nice number plates too

Monaco Blue Mk2
Just shows you the difference between a good job and a bad one. The last pic there looks smart but all others I've seen look poor.

IMO don't do the mirror surrounds or the fog surrounds but do everything else.

Ali said:
Thats stoddie's...Same car as the one i posted. Except he's got a carbon mk2 splitter on it now. :)

Yea but the pic you posted was crap compared to the other one. :rasp:

:quiet:

Bloody spray booth had broken today so I haven't been able to spray my spoiler. Gotta wait another week to fit it on.

Gays