ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinion's please

Listerine & Poledo
With all the torque you don't have? It's just a very quick way to stall at every

single

set

of lights

Also, first sign of a hill (yeah yeah, not likely around our way) and you're slowing down

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ph1 Tom has a lightweight flywheel on he's car.
But he also has TB and it's more track focused.

Red 197
With all the torque you don't have? It's just a very quick way to stall at every

single

set

of lights

Also, first sign of a hill (yeah yeah, not likely around our way) and you're slowing down
Yeah the good o'l fens hahaa! Cheers mate, I'll invest my money elsewhere!

Listerine & Poledo
We may not have hills, but we get some great backroads!
The run from the A142 to Downham Market, via Nordelph, for instance. That's always fun in the summer :D

Red 197
We may not have hills, but we get some great backroads!
The run from the A142 to Downham Market, via Nordelph, for instance. That's always fun in the summer :smiley:
Yeah my misses lives in downham but I go the other way and take a small back road call " Ha' penny toll' have great fun through there. Mind you me living in March nearly every road is a back road!! Hahaa

Listerine & Poledo
Too right. Used to drive from Boston to Ely or Mepal regularly.... this was before there was the bypass. So an hour or so of 100% backroad. Superb
I used to be a chavvy nobber of a driver then. But I was in a Clio so it was expected ;)
This is what I've been trying to say to @Owen92 too, the roads out your/my/our way....so long as they're not potholed like a WW1 trenchline, are always good for giggles. Especially since there's rarely anyone on them

Red 197
Yeah great fun if they are empty (Which they are 99% of the time)

As long as they are not too bumpy the fen back roads are brilliant for a good hoon about and easily bring a smile to your face.

Do you know the somersham to Chatteris bends?

Listerine & Poledo
oh I sure do. I live in Sutton and my cousin works at the garage near Somersham, those are pretty much my shake-down roads :)
One benefit of the land being flat as far as the curvature of the earth allows, you dont often have blind bends.......just plenty of ditches :/

Red 197
Good road ifs dry that, my mate rolled his 1.2 round them bends though:/ So I never give it too much in the rain! The ditches are very deep too hahaa, I try to keep clear of them

Listerine & Poledo
I'm now playing on Google maps to find the ultimate in Cannonball Fen run.

I'm thinking Downham market -> back roads past Manea -> Skirt around the outside of Chatteris (SPEED CAMERA ALERT) -> Somersham -> St. Ives.
Then stop for pictures and food.
After the first batch of twisties out of Nordelph there's some nice straight roads to cool down brakes, just be careful of the sodding great river!

Red 197
I'm now playing on Google maps to find the ultimate in Cannonball Fen run.

I'm thinking Downham market -> back roads past Manea -> Skirt around the outside of Chatteris (SPEED CAMERA ALERT) -> Somersham -> St. Ives.
Then stop for pictures and food.
After the first batch of twisties out of Nordelph there's some nice straight roads to cool down brakes, just be careful of the sodding great river!
Sounds like a good run too me, don't have to worry about the speed camera at Chatteris because as it is in Chatteris it's currently burnt out hahaa! This needs to happen in the summer months