ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange 4S Unlocking

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'v had a quick search and it turns out Orange want £20.42 to do it, that's not a problem but they will only do it on a handset that has been registered for more than three months. This is annoying, I want it unlocked now.

Anyway around it with jailbreaking the phone, which I will no doubt mess up monumentally anyway?

Thanks in advance :)

Take it back. Get a 5.

Other than them unlocking it, it would have to be jailbroken.

But why did you get an Orange contract if you don't want it on Orange? Lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That was the plan last night but no one in Lakeside had one in stock :(

Orange is my cheap nasty contract sim so I want that in my cheap nasty phone lol My usual contract is on O2 so I want that in the 4s.

I'm guessing jailbroken also voids warranty too?

In theory it does but they'd have to A) Catch you B) Prove it

They replaced my original iPhone that I broke via jailbreaking :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That's good news but the worrying thing is if even you broke one jailbreaking it, can you imagine what i'd do to it lol

Lol. Take it back and wait a week for Orange to get stock.

Although you'll then have this problem with unlocking the 5.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Will a Gevey ultra s chip work?

Just phoned Orange to see if I could sweet talk them into unlocking the phone early but they said phones for you have to do it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
She was 100% she couldn't do it. I'm now on the phone to apple who are now on the phone to Orange. I will get this piece of junk unlocked!!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Apple have authorised the unlocking speaking to Orange and transferred me back them. Now Orange have said no, Wtf, I've just lost my temper at some poor Indian chap who is next to useless. Anyone work for Orange who can sort this out?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Can't believe Orange they have actually told me to go to a highstreet phone shop or market stall!!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No one you can speak to will be able to sort it tbh. Policy is 3 months, computer says no.

Take it back and find an O2 store with a 5 in stock.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nope they're saying to me even though it's less than 3 month old they will do it. The problem is that it was purchased through phones 4 u. Orange say they aren't authorised to unlock as it wasn't purchased from Orange directly. Apple say they are.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Done, nice woman in Orange customer services has sorted it. Just got to wait a couple of days.