ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

‘Claud’ The RB 182

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This b*****d swallows money like Mary Poppins hand bag swallows electrical goods, we are surely at the actual cost of the motor matching the parts bill😂

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
This b*****d swallows money like Mary Poppins hand bag swallows electrical goods, we are surely at the actual cost of the motor matching the parts bill😂

We are way beyond that mate. I've definitely done over 10k on it not including the purchase of the car. It was over 10 bags last time I added it up, and that was a while ago....

That includes various labour etc mind

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_1104.jpeg
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg
IMG_1107.jpeg
IMG_1108.jpeg
IMG_1109.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
They won’t spin freely, more like a solid turn. Shouldn’t be difficult though.

Yeah, one of them is like that. The other one I can’t turn unless I put a stud in the flange for leverage.

We took them out and put them back in. Bearings go in really nicely. Once the flanges are in, they are hard to turn

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm never known them to be that tight, but I’ve only ever had two sets done. I would imagine they’d be fine and soon settle in, but I’m sure others can chime in. What did Fred say?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, just reread your original post. They supplied the hubs and you pressed them in. Gotcha!

No sympathy for you then 😂

Probably pushed in too far then. Does the hub snag on anything?

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Box and diff and new casing is now with @NorthloopCup

I’m beginning to assemble the front end. Hopefully pace will increase from here ☺️

Arms are challenging to fit with the washers. Will attempt to clamp the bushes down today and see if I have any luck.

Going to get a second opinion on the front knuckle / bearing / flange situation as well, as one of them especially is very tight to rotate.

DBCDEEC9-1D96-44A1-BF3A-192AD7072F2E.jpeg

Last of the parts should be with me this week (rack bushes).

So, providing we don’t find any issues once the box is rebuilt, she should be good to swap everything over …. Excited to see what difference all the new bits make. And the diff.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Had a spare half hour so started building up the subframe now.

Arms are in. Balls joints are in. Arb is in with its accompanying bushes etc. Only finger tight atm.

Didn’t have any aggro at all with the arb, contrary to what I’d read previously. It was a doddle compared to the arm bushes which were a pain in the shaft tbh.

Have gone powerflex through (everything). Mostly purple but black series on the rack and wishbones (don’t do purple for these anymore apparently because they don’t last allegedly).

IMG_1212.jpeg
IMG_1213.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Some great news.

The doner box I sourced from a member on here has been opened up and inspected by another member on here ( incestuous ) and is in great low mileage condition. I’m refreshing some bits just because it makes sense, but it’s great to know I didn’t buy a lemon.

Will post some pics later. Can’t wait to get this all wrapped up and back in now once the diff is fitted etc.