ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange cancelled contract after sending me a new phone.

So a few weeks ago i called orange retentions as my contract was up for renewal. They didnt offer a great deal so i asked to leave. they said they would terminate my contract.

I then called in a few days later and explained if they can offer a good deal i would stay, so they gave me an ok deal and went with that.

Im using the new contract with the new sim and new handset they sent me. Now today i have no service, i call up orange and the guy said the line has been disconnected because i requested a cancellation. I explained i had an upgrade a few weeks back, he said no it has been cancelled. Asked if i wanted the line reconnected i said no as i didnt want him to put me on the olod tarrif.

What do i do now? i have been sent an upgrade phone with no contract??!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sell the phone, go to vodafone and start again with new phone and contract.

Everyones a winner baby thats the truth.

mx5 & 172
Phone Orange back, tell em they f**ked up (keep quiet about the handset) and demand a better deal than you got from retentions and a new handset. If it works you win lots, if not you win a free phone

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Orange messed up big time with me too.

I paid an old contract off (around £200) when they got the iphone so i could upgrade to one. Selling my phone at the time paid that off so wasn't too concerned. Anyway, they messed it up and instead credited my account with the amount I had paid them, didn't have to pay anything towards my bills for 4 months or so!

I rang them to make them aware as i didn't want the big bill later, the woman on the phone insisted everything was as it should be and I must be mistaken. Was mega happy.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
better than what they did to me! i had a contact withthem 7+ years ago, paid it for 12 months then moved to vodafone, and moved house. 3 years later i get a letter from northants county court for a debt of £1920 and that id get a CCJ if i didnt pay it in 28 days. I checked my credit report and theres no trace of the account on equifax, experian and call credit! Went to court, paid nothing orange apologised!

They dont seem very organised

Only thing is i dont want a big bill in a few months, should i just stay quiet for a little while and see what happens?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol at believing the guy on the end of the phone, with any large company no one knows what the hells going on with your accout, then you get fucked over.

I've considered recording my phone calls to 02 it got that bad once.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
bcdd18c6-6f47-e655.jpg

Prayin!

FLOL!!!

I should be offended he's American.

Canadian.

I'll goign to give them a ring tomorrow i think, dont want them to bite me int he ass a few months down the line, i will however express how pissed off i am and hopefulyl get a few quid off. we'll see

Turned out they cancelled my new contract, a 525 quid bill to cancel lol they said they would have it removed and connected me lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk