ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Livebox - Can I make the wireless connection more reliable/quicker?

182... again!
As title really...!

When using my laptop wirelessly the download speed (at best 54 Mbps) slows down to 1 or 2 Mbps then usually picks up again!

Any suggestions gratefully received before I go and buy a long Ethernet cable to follow me around the house!!

Cheers Nick

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How fast is you internet? Cos if it's only say 2mb whats the problem? could always use a wireless bridge.

O

Ollyb16v

I've got the previous to orange which is wanadoo, i have the same problem, try changing the channel on the livebox by going onto the short cut on your desktop. It has sorted it only goes down to 1mpbs once in a while as opposed to what it used to do which was all the time. I've got 2 meg speed cos thats all thats available in my area. hope that helps

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
How fast is you internet? Cos if it's only say 2mb whats the problem? could always use a wireless bridge.

Dude I think you're mistaken. Ambo is referring to the LAN speed dropping down, not the actual Internet Speed.

FYI, even on a 2mb internet connection your maximum download speed is going to be 300-400kbps, not 1mb or 2mb. The service you buy is an up-to 2MB shared circuit.

182... again!
I've got the previous to orange which is wanadoo, i have the same problem, try changing the channel on the livebox by going onto the short cut on your desktop. It has sorted it only goes down to 1mpbs once in a while as opposed to what it used to do which was all the time. I've got 2 meg speed cos thats all thats available in my area. hope that helps

Cheers...shall try that!

We only get about 400 Mbps to the house, Darthcake's right....it's the speed on the WLAN thats the hassle or lack of it!!