ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

annoying ethernet adapter

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Ive got a pretty old system,

3ghz p4 processor,
1gig ram,
ati 9550 128mb graphics card,
creative soundblaster sound card,
onboard ethernet adapter

just want to keep this little unit alive as its useful for playing movies and music. (its linked up to play through my television)

however after getting a bt home hub and windows 7 (not sure which is causing this) my ethernet adapter just cuts out when i use it alot.

browsing websites is fine, but when i try and download music, use bbc i player or if i open lots of pages at once. i simply loose conection. all other devices remain connected. the only way to get connection back, is to disable the device, and enable it again (which usually results in PC freezing) or of couse reboot. Upon restart windows loads with the network adapter switched off, turn it on and it works fine.

its incredibly annoying as i used to set top gear off to play on iplayer and sit back to watch it. now the conection just drops off after about 40 seconds.

not sure if its windows 7 causing it. was with orange when i initially installed it, and theyre speed was awfully slow, and it worked fine. got bt home hub which upped it to around 6mb, and now it cuts out constantly.

sorry to go on, but does anyone else know of this kind of thing? or can anyone suggest a way around it?? could it just be that mines old (about 4 years)

new network card perhaps??

cheers guys