ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange mobile data

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
My mum has my old iPhone 3g and has been charge £5.00 this month for 7mb worth of data usage.
Now the issue is, the internet is completely disabled on the 3g only wifi is active, if wifi is turned off it tells me to turn on mobile date etc and it has been like that since i gave it her.

So how can orange charge her for using mobile data for the past 2 months?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm pretty sure 3G only refers to the 3G protocol and that you can still use GPRS/EDGE to download, but the iPhone will tell you to swtich on 3G if you're downloading anything or looking on Youtube.

If you don't want it to have any access to the internet (why have an iPhone?!) then perhaps just change the APN addresses to something random so it doesn't work. (Settings > General > Network)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
mobile data i completely off, if i turn off wifi and click on say weather or stocks it wont load and tells me to turn mobile data on, so its definitely not connected i dont understand how the can say she has used 7mb tbh

Hmmm, how do I solve my problem..

A) Ask a load of strangers on the internet who have zero idea about your Mums account, useage, billing or anything else.

B) Call Orange who have the answers.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, how do I solve my problem..

A) Ask a load of strangers on the internet who have zero idea about your Mums account, useage, billing or anything else.

B) Call Orange who have the answers.

cheers for that revels! as said data is completely turned off the phones usage says 0 bytes but she's been charged for d/loading 7 mb, you dont need to know anything else but thanks for the sarcasm!

Also the only reason i posted is the fact that she cant get through to customer service due to not being able to remember her password and kept being cut off so she was getting irritated, as far as you or i know one of the other xxx,xxx number of users may of had the same issue, so was there really any need for the above?

i was thinking it may be that

£5 p/m is oranges basic "upto 500mb" tarriff. My money's on that being what's applied to the account. Call them and ask though

cheers mate

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
If the phone is not running iOS then you can't completely disable data (well, you can, you need to put rubbish in the apns), you can only disable data roaming.

On iOS4 you can completely disable cellular data.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
cheers sn00p, it is running iOS4 it is very odd that the usage on the phone says 0 bytes but orange say she downloaded 7mb. Anyway i just told her to add the 500mb bolt-on to her account and the she can use the web when she wants