ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange - signal - T-mobile

Weo

Hey,

Might have already been posted but if your on orange and want to get better signal then you can join FREE online (orange website, account needed) to receive T-mobile signal as well, you don't get charged and there are parts of my house where I didnt get signal and I now do, not sure if it works for T-mobile customers wanting to use orange signal, but guess it would. Any ho, thought it was a cool find, might be old now, If so apologies!

Will

Ph1 172
I did this with my phone, other way round tho T-mobile roaming over to Orange.

Couldn't get a signal in my Mums house, can now. Almost always get the H up too on my mobile internet signal.

I text 'yes' to a number they sent me on a post card(2121 iirc), always got a signal now :D

My new phone should arrive today so I'm rockin an 8310 atm and it's showing as one2one LOL.

Last edited:

Weo

Glad it was useful, guess if you don't have a orange account you could just ring 150, don't no the number for t-mobile but sure they would do it over the phone :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I set my t-mobile up with this a few months ago. Most of the time its fine but I have found that texts don't always send quickly and the network although generally better drops out more. I think its when it changes from one network to the other...

Clio 182 cup'd
I did this with my phone, other way round tho T-mobile roaming over to Orange.

Couldn't get a signal in my Mums house, can now. Almost always get the H up too on my mobile internet signal.

It makes no difference to data. Its purely for calls and texts at the moment, so you must be imaging it.

Weo

It makes no difference to data. Its purely for calls and texts at the moment, so you must be imaging it.

for orange user's using t-mobile signal, they get normal 3G form orange but only 2G from t-mobile, at the moment.

Clio 182 cup'd
Must have changed since I did the gf's then because on the Orange website it was very specific in saying that it was just for calls and texts only.

Go cry to your momma!
They say that but they mean 2G/GPRS/EDGE only (no EDGE on T-mob)

Data will come through, but slowly.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
im loving this, my signal on t mobile in my house was piss poor, missed calls, late messages etc, now it switches to orange and i have full signal, great idea.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
f*ck aye ive just done this now as my house i have to have my fone ontop of window ledge hopefully get sum gd signal pumped threw now.

cheers CS!

I set my t-mobile up with this a few months ago. Most of the time its fine but I have found that texts don't always send quickly and the network although generally better drops out more. I think its when it changes from one network to the other...

If it switches between networks mid-call then it will drop out. It will be being updated in the next couple of months so that it doesn't drop and just changes seamlessly. 3G will also be soon along soon enough. Basically when the merger went through Deutsche Telekom and France Telecom set some specific dates that Everything Everywhere had to make sure the network sharing was finished by. Can't remember the dates for 3G though although I believe some staff are currently testing it.

Ph1
I find Orange absolute crap since this T-mobile signal merge thing.

At home it constantly cuts out when im on the phone. Never used to do it. Also in general, the signal is really poor compared to before imo

I find Orange absolute crap since this T-mobile signal merge thing.

At home it constantly cuts out when im on the phone. Never used to do it. Also in general, the signal is really poor compared to before imo

Totally agree. I ended up buying a o2 sim only tariff as I couldn't deal with the whack signal. Orange refused to accept there was an issue so I just bumped my contract right down the the lowest tariff and no longer use it!

I've noticed nothing but good since the merge. I very rarely switch to tMobile as Orange is pretty much always at the high end of 3G signal on my iPhone 4

I've noticed nothing but good since the merge. I very rarely switch to tMobile as Orange is pretty much always at the high end of 3G signal on my iPhone 4

I can see the Orange mast out my bedroom window yet I was only getting GSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick the O2 sim in and boom, HSDPA.

RIP Dan
Andy, have you tried switching the phone to 2G only and trying that then 3G only and trying that. It may help, you are perhaps unlucky enough to be in the wrong place and the signals are fighting each other and your handset doesnt know wtf to do.

Your handset is constantly taking measurements and you could be experiencing whats known as ping pong handovers as its trying to handover to a better cell. They get confused sometimes if there is too many cells and after a while the call will drop. If it sounds like interference then it could be that, the 2 companies might need to check their frequencies and channel reusage.