ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Upgrade Today - Advice

Well today i have 30 days left of my Orange contract (18 Months). Looking for some advice or info as to how low i can get my bill.

Currently on £35 Dolphin. Want the same contract but with unlimited data bundle and a free N95.

Anyone got experience in asking for this?

Sy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not gonna happen.
Unlimited data is an instant no.

Move to t-mobile.

ph quick
I spoke to orange the other day they told me that they dont do the n95 direct, that was the old n95 too, i want the 8gb so its gonna mean moving to vodafone to get it free 750mins 500 texts for 40 a mont 18months3 months half price is the best ive found...

my mate that works for t mobile in bonn seems to think the n95 8gb is rubbish and the n81 8gb is far better...

8gb has quite a few tweaks, bigger battery too iirc, lasts longer but not sure how much.

ToB ehonest i think i'd be fine with the normal one. The new firmware out for it suits me fine. I just want to cut down my monthly bills as much as i can but keeping what ive got

ph quick
Your mate is correct in a way.

What way is that? He develops mobile software so goes on about software versions alot, stuff that i know nothing about... I wasnt sure though as when i asked what phone he told me to get the 6300 and i was wondering why get a 100 quid phone when i can have a 300 quid phone for the same price with big mp3 player and other stuff to keep me entertained when im bored...

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I'm on the same as you; they offered me the same contract with the unlimited data & any phone on the market for just over 1/2 the price of the current contract.

I beleive they offered Revels similar?

I'm on the same as you; they offered me the same contract with the unlimited data & any phone on the market for just over 1/2 the price of the current contract.

I beleive they offered Revels similar?

Yup, slightly cheaper but im not bothered about the data..

I want some free picture messages.

"You're a very good customer sir so we should be able to match anything for you"

;)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
I'm moving to o2 cause they do the best data I think...

Edit: I mean the 7.50 for 200mb btw

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Handy thread this.

I'm on Orange Dolphin on month 16.

Been waiting for the N95 8Gb but not really sure how much beter than my N80 it would really be. I love the screen resolution on my N80 and I suppose any other Nokia would be a downgrade screen wise but I do want something newer.

Should I go for a N95? Wait for them to get the N95 8Gb in stock (couple of months I've heard)? Or go for something else altogether?

Oh and tariff wise, I love unlimited messages and would fancy unlimited data.

Revels, are you on Dolphin still and had unlimited data included? Which phone did you get again?

I've been with Orange since 2001 and spend about £45 each month on average. Not bothered about mms.

Cheers.

Chris the n95 8gb is worth the wait if its only a couple of months. Quite a few little tweaks that make it better, and battery life is better. The 95s screen was a let down for me comparing it with the resolution of the 80, but suppose you would get used to it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Handy thread this.

I'm on Orange Dolphin on month 16.

Been waiting for the N95 8Gb but not really sure how much beter than my N80 it would really be. I love the screen resolution on my N80 and I suppose any other Nokia would be a downgrade screen wise but I do want something newer.

Should I go for a N95? Wait for them to get the N95 8Gb in stock (couple of months I've heard)? Or go for something else altogether?

Oh and tariff wise, I love unlimited messages and would fancy unlimited data.

Revels, are you on Dolphin still and had unlimited data included? Which phone did you get again?

I've been with Orange since 2001 and spend about £45 each month on average. Not bothered about mms.

Cheers.

I am on this tariff with the minutes and text, but never seem to go over the £35 limit...good effort!

N95 is too bulky and got loads of features I won't use. Hopefully get the SE W960i or W910i, or maybe even the Viewty.

a green 1
dont think you can get that on orange,

having said that i upgraded 3months before on orange (last week) and got the lg viewity,

i have free wireless broadband
unlimited txts
500 mins

£35 wich i thinks a top deal

VW ....
Handy thread this.

Cheers.

i phoned orange today about upgrading to this phone & as of this moment in time they have no inclination to stock the N95 8gb :S

Mito Sportiva 135
dont think you can get that on orange,

having said that i upgraded 3months before on orange (last week) and got the lg viewity,

i have free wireless broadband
unlimited txts
500 mins

£35 wich i thinks a top deal

Sorry dude whays not on Orange?

And did you have to pay for the Viewty upgrade? The useless salesman said it would be "either free or up to £150" - bit of a difference!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i pay £40 for 1200 minutes and 500 minutes free insurance, but no data allowances they are quite gay on that!!! phone wise orange is gay amd always get phones last and not all the models!!

oh p.s im a premier orange contract holder, the more you ring orange 150 the crapper deal you get as they log it all

monaco blue 172 ..
ive just got a new contract with vodafone . free lg viewty, £40, 750 xnet mins, 3000 texts ,3 months free insurance .
gonna fone vodafone up tomorrow and see if they can match orange's £35 .
worth a try . only had contract for 5 days?

Ph-Sold!
Why not consider the new 8gb SE W960i? Will be cheaper than the Nokia in most places too.

I get 500mins and 1000 texts for £35 a month with Vodafone.

Mito Sportiva 135
Why not consider the new 8gb SE W960i? Will be cheaper than the Nokia in most places too.

I get 500mins and 1000 texts for £35 a month with Vodafone.

I want that but is it on Orange, not on their site last time I checked and their salesman in the shop kept talking about the W910i, but he was a plonker though anyway so just left feeling a bit annoyed with his ineptitude.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not yet, but Orange are quite slow to take on new handsets (usually the last).

Yeah they suck on that front TBH. Still tempted by the iPhone TBH but not enough to switch contracts...I think? If I did change contracts do you think 02 would match my current deal as its pretty good?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
they may doo. They almost bent over backwards to stop me cancelling my contract a couple months ago.

monaco blue 172 ..
lol went into phones 4 u today ... cut a long story short , got my £40 a month contract for £30 a month still with the 750 mins and 3000 texts .... result