ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orbisoud exhaust system owners...

artic blue 182 Cup
Just wanted to know if you had any problems with the street legal, inox, with cat, orbisoud exhaust system, that also is sold through K-tec...

Thanks lads!:star:

cheers :D

vx220
I would be interested to know people's views on this as well! Not sure if anybody on the forum actually has one yet though!

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
No problems at all. I have the race system (same steel). I have also 2 customers who changed the street one for the race one. Only difference is race one is better in higher revs, street one is better in mid revs.

artic blue 182 Cup
I´ve hears some lambda sensor failures in www.rs-team.org members... that´s why I was asking;)

How about the racing one... compared to the street... is it too boomy?/noisy?/rattling all the time?

thanks ;)
Cheers

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
ive been waiting for mine for over a month now, id love to help out with your question if k-tec would get it to me lol

Noise is not that much harder than the street exhaust. It rattles more because backbox is almost empty, but it's not that hard. You only have an ugly sound when engine is still cold. That's really a rough metal rattle sound

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235
I've had mine for about 4 months now i got it at christmas from Orbisoud themselves, the version I have is a 100cell cat but still the street version. The Toxic fumes light has illuminated and is on constantly.

I have plenty of vids pics etc.

PS - definatley get a metal rattling sound when cold (as shown in vids)

Last edited:
  C250 AMG & 172 Cup
how did u order direct, dp you by any chance still have the contact details etc...??
How much did you pay for your paticualr system?

106 GTi
Really fancy one of these but things like the emmissions light on would really p*ss me off.

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235
I hopped onto a group buy via RSteam. Olin is the man you need to speak to very helpful. I paid in total about £900 including shipping (which is the killer) the system was around £700.

As far as I was aware the race system isnt available anymore? I enquired at cliopower before i purchased mine. also i believe the race system was only available in mild steel. Don't quote me on that though

that cliopower site is mine. The race version is still available, but only on special order, what makes it more expensive. Renault Sport will liquidate most of the Cup and group N material to focus only on the Clio 3. It is stainless steel, identical to the street version. Orbisoud can confirm this. Only the endmuffler of the street version is coated. The reason the light comes on is that you have the 200 cel cats and the racecats. I really think Orbisoud uses the racecats on some of their streetsystems. I'm not sure of that, but it's the only explanation. The racesystem has no place for the 2nd lambdasensor, because that cat is as good as empty. The 2nd sensor measures too much bad air and it will come on. The difference in sound are the tailpipes of the endmuffler. The smaller pipes are the quite ones 87dB, the bigger pipes are for the 95dB version

Last edited:
  182 cup pack
Can a Orbisoud owner tell us any information regarding power increase ??(street system)

And also what about the passengers cabin sound level ?Compared to the 182 industrial one is the difference big ?

I can tell you, because I drove both of them. The cabin sound of the street version is less, but it is still there. But with both systems it's only at a specific powerrange. I think almost all those aftermarket 182 systems have those cabine boom sound

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235
Unfortunatley I haven't had mine on a R/R yet so I cant make any tangible claims. Orbisoud claim 10bhp. Even if this is true you would never feel a difference as small as that on the road, in my opinion.

As for noise it is quite boomy on a motorway journey, getting particularly loud 2500-4000 rpm.

artic blue 182 Cup
Orbi claims 10 bhp all along the rev range... :S so not very special... though I've been told you really notice the difference in response specially while mid-high revving ;)