ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordered a non cup driveshaft but turns out it has a cup gearbox HELP!

182 Cup & DCi 172
Right here is my potential problem;

I bought my non cup 2002 plate 172 and got it straight up in the air to identify anything I wasnt happy with and after hearing a slight knock found the OSF driveshaft bearing is on the way out.

I ordered a genuine Renault Non Cup driveshaft and have just found out it is actually a Cup gearbox which was fitted but with no mention of Cup driveshafts or hub changeover.

I am hoping the Cup driveshafts are only different in terms of the extra track - so am I correct in thinking that I can run the Cup gearbox on my Non Cup 172 with Non Cup driveshafts?

Any help is much appreciated!

Rob

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Non cup phase 2 should be two piece shaft. Is that what you have on the car to begin with and is that same as your new one?
it will fit a cup or non cup gearbox just fine it's the car side of things that is different not the fitment on the boxes.

Just check the shaft length is the same as your old one to be sure as there are loads of subtle variations on the shafts.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Cheers for the info matey

All is well - managed to speak to Ktec and the one they have sent should be spot on and might be here tomorrow along with the coilovers.

Shame am not back till wednesday though haha

Rob