ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordered new exhaust rnd2

ST

Ktec use tiger IIRC...

Iain, Johnnys black 182 has a free-flow on it, they use tiger pipes...its not bad but a bit loud IMO.....(says the boy with the YS lol)..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
K-tec are just pishhh

Couldn't be happier with mine. Lovely note, no fitting issues and as much of a gain as you'd get with a 500£ YS or BTB...

Don't see why people slate k-tec exhausts... At the end of the day if they sound nice thats all that counts.

It's not a larini, tubi or autodelta system lets be honest. gains are minimal.

Burgandy 174 sport t
I have the same system as urs ali bought round about the same time and im on my second and thats fucked too

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Ktec use tiger IIRC...

Iain, Johnnys black 182 has a free-flow on it, they use tiger pipes...its not bad but a bit loud IMO.....(says the boy with the YS lol)..

were, now janspeed ;)

The fit of the new sealth is fantastic, best fitting exhaust i've had on any of my cars by a mile

Big improvment. Nice of GDI to replace your lights for ph2's, fit a ph2 bumper and respray your car in blue as well. Was this included in the price?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
anything to keep thejesus/taylor combo happy.... with all the bigging up they do for GDI ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Big improvment. Nice of GDI to replace your lights for ph2's, fit a ph2 bumper and respray your car in blue as well. Was this included in the price?

LMFAO i wish

thats actually Chris' car i think or marks from GDI not too sure

as ive only just ordered it, need to go down get it fitted all the exhausts are CAD designed or something by andy and produced by another company, we went to the factory and yummmmmm so many ace car bits about. VIP tour :D

M2 Competition

LMFAO i wish

thats actually Chris' car i think or marks from GDI not too sure

as ive only just ordered it, need to go down get it fitted all the exhausts are CAD designed or something by andy and produced by another company, we went to the factory and yummmmmm so many ace car bits about. VIP tour :D

Chris has a different number plate, and mark gdi has a mk1. iirc. Maybe someone got there before you!

No idea who's that 172 is tbh... unless Chris changed recently to a private plate? As you say, Mark has a Williams now... that thing's going to be fookin mental.

clio 172 mk2
You're all wrong gents, the Monaco Blue 172ff in the pic is mine (Jesus, I PM'd you after i bought the exhaust)

Was having Sportlines fitted there when the first batch of GDI exhausts got delivered.. It must have been fate so bought one and fitted there and then.

Well happy with the noise at idle and putting my foot down.

Have just got some white turinis (yes jumped on the bandwagon) so when I get around to putting them on I'll put pics up.

Thanks to The Jesus and Pacey for reccomending the exhaust, well happy.

You're all wrong gents, the Monaco Blue 172ff in the pic is mine (Jesus, I PM'd you after i bought the exhaust)

Was having Sportlines fitted there when the first batch of GDI exhausts got delivered.. It must have been fate so bought one and fitted there and then.

Well happy with the noise at idle and putting my foot down.

Have just got some white turinis (yes jumped on the bandwagon) so when I get around to putting them on I'll put pics up.

Thanks to The Jesus and Pacey for reccomending the exhaust, well happy.

aaaah well now its all making sense :) lol

glad your happy with it Charlie, I'm still absolutely loving mine :D

Wow! Looks just like Scott and Steffans original Prospeeds.

Andy has a prospeed on his 182, so he knows the quality.

Kids....Just say NO!

justsaynoSM!.jpg

Right on!!

Save this image and spread the word!!

Turinis belong on 172 cups and Trophy's only.

Last edited:
OK so GDI have had an exhaust made that is recessed into the bumper with a 3" rolled tailpipe. Its hardly ground breaking is it?

If I was in the market for an exhaust that had supposedly been designed/developed I think the manufacturer should -

a) Have a before and after RR done
b) Weigh OEM and there system for a weight loss figure
c) Have a static and drive by db test done on the exhaust

For a tuning company the above figures should be easy to obtain in a day for little costs. If GDI are making a performance exhaust do they have these figures?

If they have copied a Prospeed system then I am sure they can admit that and disregard any performance testing on the system.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
this wasnt a thread about gdis exhaust whos made them etc etc , it was just a thread about how ive ordered a new exhaust and how much nicer i think it will look once fitted,
if it were a yozzasport system i said i had just bought im sure the replys would be very different

Burgandy 174 sport t
this wasnt a thread about piper exhausts whos made them etc etc , it was just a thread about how ive ordered a new exhaust and how much nicer i think it will look once fitted,
if it were a yozzasport system i said i had just bought im sure the replys would be very different

OK so GDI have had an exhaust made that is recessed into the bumper with a 3" rolled tailpipe. Its hardly ground breaking is it?

If I was in the market for an exhaust that had supposedly been designed/developed I think the manufacturer should -

For a tuning company the above figures should be easy to obtain in a day for little costs. If GDI are making a performance exhaust do they have these figures?

If they have copied a Prospeed system then I am sure they can admit that and disregard any performance testing on the system.

Dont really think the intention or idea is to be ground breaking... it's only an exhaust...

other thing is that Andy never claimed any power increase of how ever many bhp, so I dont think that really matters...

either way, quality is certainly better than other exhausts I have seen, no question about it and the price is pretty wallet friendly

Dont really think the intention or idea is to be ground breaking... it's only an exhaust...

other thing is that Andy never claimed any power increase of how ever many bhp, so I dont think that really matters...

either way, quality is certainly better than other exhausts I have seen, no question about it and the price is pretty wallet friendly

No problem mate. Just trying to gauge what the system is being sold as.

A budget system with no claims of any performance increase?

not really sure tbh... Andy never really said... all I can say for sure is that from the s**t loads of systems I've had, the quality surpasses all of them and for the price it's well worth it.

performance wise it's made a massive difference on my car, but my old system was 2" from the cat back, this is half an inch bigger so it was instantly noticed how much better it picked up, especially at lower revs.

I'm sure when Andy gets more time he'll test the performance on them though

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16

We've had all three items done, which makes the £500 price even more of a steal than it already is!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I REALLY wish you could make a 172 version.... The BTB would be my choice on a 182. As said, you can back up your claims ;)