ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oreca Cage mounting points

FOCUS ST250 CLIO 172
Morning All,

Just a quick question, we managed to get the cage in the car last night, but as you know the B pillar mounting points are about half inch away from the floor.

Question is what have you guys used to space the gap? Any pictures would be great.

P.s I'll start a project thread once I've got some more photos together.

Chris

Track 172 Cup
does it not use box section welded in then you weld to the box section? I don't have a Oreca cage so might just be talking out my arse lol.

Not oreca cage but safety devices, imagine will be similar set up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422731439.328107.jpg

markfishy

ClioSport Trader
  So many but not mine
From experience with one of my customer's oreca cages, it came with flat plates undrilled etc. He sold that cage, it was too much labour to fit it .
The way forward for you is to make sure you either make up a box section similar as per the above photo of safety devices cage out of 3 mm plate or somehow get the cage down to floor level and use the load spreading plates.
What is really important is to make sure the plates or brackets are welded to the inner sill panel, this is where most of the cage foot plate strength is found and therefore the cage strength.
Put an angle in the plate so it bends up the inner sill at least 30 mm.
hope this helps
regards mark

FOCUS ST250 CLIO 172
From experience with one of my customer's oreca cages, it came with flat plates undrilled etc. He sold that cage, it was too much labour to fit it .
The way forward for you is to make sure you either make up a box section similar as per the above photo of safety devices cage out of 3 mm plate or somehow get the cage down to floor level and use the load spreading plates.
What is really important is to make sure the plates or brackets are welded to the inner sill panel, this is where most of the cage foot plate strength is found and therefore the cage strength.
Put an angle in the plate so it bends up the inner sill at least 30 mm.
hope this helps
regards mark

Thanks for the pointers, we have welded in a think metal base plate first then welded the cage feet onto that.

We have bent the base plates around and up the inner sill by about 50mm, I'll grab some pictures soon.

And yes it is quite a labour intensive cage to fit but worthwhile in my opinion.