ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oreca exhaust db's?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Does anyone know what the db's for standing test and drive by test are on the Oreca Group N and Group A exhausts at all?

Just looked at MSV's db limits and wondered whether this exhaust would stop me getting on track their events.

clio sport 172
I am also interested in how loud will that Oreca system be especially because it is de-cat...Is group A louder than group N (i mean because of the diameter A-63, N-55)?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
im not 100% on the decibel rating but there are very good chances that a de cat exhaust system with no centre resonator will be too loud. IIRC they will be around the 100 decibel mark and IIRC most tracks have a limit of about 95 decibels.

(feel free to correct me if im wrong)

i hope this helps

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I am also interested in how loud will that Oreca system be especially because it is de-cat...Is group A louder than group N (i mean because of the diameter A-63, N-55)?

I am pretty sure that the group A is/would be louder.

Shame K-tec don't have the DB listed for them!

I quite fancy one of these to replace the stealth I currently have fitted, but don't want to run foul of tracks DB limits.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I am pretty sure that the group A is/would be louder.

Shame K-tec don't have the DB listed for them!

I quite fancy one of these to replace the stealth I currently have fitted, but don't want to run foul of tracks DB limits.

I know I'm a bit put of by the track day limits, not willing to splash the cash and then can't get on track!

I'd noticed you were wanting one and we're going to pm me you see if you wanted to team up and see if K-tec wanted to do us a bit more discount ;)

I'm not so sure now!