ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

original tyre swapping

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
right, my front tyres are on about 3.5mm of tread, whereas the backs are on higher tread, is it safe to swap the rear with the front to lengthen the life of the set?

do i have to do it in a pattern, ie front left with back right etc??

if it makes any difference they are mitchellin energy's, 185/55/15

any advice would be appreciated!
thanks!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
pepsi69 said:
right, my front tyres are on about 3.5mm of tread, whereas the backs are on higher tread, is it safe to swap the rear with the front to lengthen the life of the set?

do i have to do it in a pattern, ie front left with back right etc??

if it makes any difference they are mitchellin energy's, 185/55/15

any advice would be appreciated!
thanks!

Thats what i always do . New to the back old ones to the front . You should always have your best tyres on the back . Read this article :

http://www.pirelli.co.uk/en_GB/tyres/car_suv/utility_services/tech/tech4_gb.jhtml

MrBilly - I think you're getting confused! lol

He said: Swap the original set round so the worn set are on the rear and the unworn set are on the front.

You said: Put the unworn set on the rear and the worn set on the front.

;)

I agree with you though - Newer tyres should be on the back as that way the back is grippier, reducing rear end breakaway.

Despite what people say on here about needing good tyres on the front as they power, steer and brake the car, I'd rather have the more worn tyres on the front and deal with any understeer by generally just coming off the power, rather than having lift off oversteer that means you have to try to catch the back as it swings out! lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ok, thanks for the help, just thought i'd try out being a cheap skate!!!