ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Osram Cool Blue Intense D2S Advice...

"Navy" N17 TWO
Get your D2S bulbs on Ebay mate - MUCH cheaper and work a lot better than the standard ones, and 6000k is best iirc :)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I haven't tried them yet but from I have heard they are very good. 5000k is the most you want for the best light.

Give me a month and I should have them in the 200.

RB FF 182
I got some cheap D2S's off eBay and they're pretty shite!! (They are 8000k though as they're the only ones that were around that I could afford and needed them in a hurry! lol).

When I look at the amount of light that's being put out of my car, compared to others it's just pathetic... I'll definately be getting some more expensive bulbs soon. "Buy cheap buy twice!"

This is what im worried about. You see people who seem to have bought cheaper versions, some with no problems and others failing straight away then you have others that will splash the cash so to speak.

I need to know reasons on both sides really. Could anyone tell me where they have got theres from and what they think of them?

Thanks.

RB FF 182
I got mine off eBay. To replace standard bulbs which were failing.

They cost me £40 for the pair, and have always worked so they do the job. I'm going get some more expensive ones in the hope that I actually get more light, if I don't I'll be pissed... Lol.

They are bright enough but I'm just being picky. Lol

Hids4u do an "upgrade" pair for £55. They say they aren't the cheap, cheap ones. Maybe worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best light output would be 4300-5000k, 6000k looks the best, as for branded vs cheap bulbs, their all made in china and the far east anyway!

RB FF 182
I just ordered some of their 5000k bulbs. I'll let you know if they're any better.

If not, bye bye £55!! Lol

S2 106 GTI
I just bought some 6000k from hid-direct, they only cost £24 delivered! Come with warranty etc.....

Could you guys get some pics up ready when you have them in please? Pretty sure im going for 5000k but i need to be dead sure...

Thanks!

RB FF 182
Here's my 8000k's. iPhone camera has made them look green :-/ lol

516cd881-d180-6507.jpg

I'll upload a pic for you when they arrive and they're swapped.

RB FF 182
Got my 5000k ones through the post today.

Although (stupidly) I've decided to sell the car so if any one wants them they're £50 posted. They haven't been opened.

They are £55 plus postage iirc from hids4u.

Inbox me if interested.

RB FF 182
Got my 5000k ones through the post today.

Although (stupidly) I've decided to sell the car so if any one wants them they're £50 posted. They haven't been opened.

They are £55 plus postage iirc from hids4u.

Inbox me if interested.

Scrap that.

RB FF 182
516cd881-2f06-e9d8.jpg

5000k's with osram cool blue sidelights, and "matching" 5000k h11 fogs.

It's still daylight but I can already tell they chuck out more light than my old ones.

Give them 100 hours or so and you should see the light get alot 'whiter'. Looking good buddy.

Keeping the car then?

RB FF 182
Give them 100 hours or so and you should see the light get alot 'whiter'. Looking good buddy.

Keeping the car then?

Yeah. Lol

I had a bit of a tantrum cuz I gotta find £650 to get the dephaser done.

But with everything else I've done to it, this SHOULD be the last big job.

Initially they were different colours when I first turned them on. Left them on whilst putting car back together and now they match.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Loads better they seem to lighten up the road further and better but make the fogs look yellow so ive ordered so ring 100% brighter rally bulbs to replace them

There 6000k d2s's think they were £30/£35 for the pair

Ive ordered some Osram Cool Blue Intense in the end. 3400 lumens and a wider beam.

I wont tell you how much they cost.

Ah, well they must be pretty bright then! Wonder if theres a way to mod the projectors to give out more light?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
I wouldn't touch them you could damage the full unit if you want brighter light cancel the order and swap it to 6000k's

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Nope ive got 6000k and there pure white
Light the road up further and wider than the standards

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Pedro ordered 5000k 3400lumens CBI. Not 3400k. As said on HIDplanet the 5000k would be the whitest and provide the most useable light. I really want them but its twice the price of the phillips.

I haven't seen a Mk2 projector but maybe a lens swap could give more light? However, you'd have to take the headlamp apart.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Looking forward to them. I keep hovering over the order button but it's bumping up my project cost by alot. I know everyone says they are good but 2 times the price good?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Now go and fit them. I just joined the HIDP groupbuy so hopefully mine will be fitted with these aswell.:)