ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS

My year of bad motoring was topped yesterday. After having my last car stripped of wheels and any other worthwhile bit they could get ther hands on, I then got done for speeding. And to finally finish my year I hit a Taxi on a car park yesterday.
Does anyone know whether the usual highway code applies on a carpark??? Its complicated, but basically I have approached a T junction that did not have any road markings. I have been moved forward too far and clipped the back corner as turned up the the a/c!!! Am I right in thinking that niether of us had right of way ??? So consequently it will be knock for knock??? All my damage is superficial; headlamp, bumper, wing,
Cheers for any advice.
Adam

Adam,

always a bad one in car parks. The highway code and any (virtually, drink drive is best example) road rules can not be applied. It has to be a "knock for knock" as they call it.

Sorry M8

Mark

CTR EK9 turbo

Oh no! so people can drink and drive in car parks! oh dear... My car got smashed into in a car park and the person got away (didnt leave a note). I went to the security office to ask for the tapes to the CCTV and they were VERY unhelpful and didnt get back to me. So, i still have a scuffed front bumper that is lob-sided. great.

172 sport,

dont know if you knew but if a security camera films you etc they have to sell you a copy of it dont know if it works on cars though

What does knock for knock mean then, and am i right in understanding that because car parks are private land?? that normal insurance claims/rules dont apply??

Knock for knock generally means the blame/fault is shared and each ins. company will pay for their own policy holders damage (assuming its fully comp of course).

well i had a bump, well a slight scratch with some woman, i was reversing out she was reversing in next to me and she is blaming me. Will i have to pay for it or will it be classed as knock for knock??

GR7

Shiny red R32

YOU will have to pay for it on two counts. One is that you are only a Clio novice and the other is that you are a guy and it is always the guys fault!!

me and this guy hit each other in the rear in a car park and it to went knock for knock for me and im gonna loss two years no claims when it goes through the guy was a right c**k about it the bump was as much his fault as it was mine so i hope he lost two years as well i was gutted too thats just the way it goes mate