ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook Help - Enter Network Password

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is this your own personal email Andy or your works' email on a domain?

If it's the latter, that's quite common - we still get it every now and then at work - typically if one of the Exchange servers has unmounted itself as an email store.

\domain name\username followed by the users' domain password works.

D.

DCi
if you go to help > detect and repair and put all your settings back in it might help?

if you cant get to that in outlook you can also do it via word... im not exactly sure what its called in o2007 as i dont have a copy to hand

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
if you go to help > detect and repair and put all your settings back in it might help?

if you cant get to that in outlook you can also do it via word... im not exactly sure what its called in o2007 as i dont have a copy to hand

i did some detect problem thing with office but it found no issues

Golf GTI
First thing that popped up in a google search.... worth a try? (cause / resolution 2)

Forgot the LINK! http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...nter-network-password-prompt-HA010151354.aspx :eek:

ALSO FOUND:

Outlook thinks it remembers a password (shows it in the account setup) but then keeps prompting everytime
user/program commits a send/recieve

Follow the next steps to solve this issue:
>
>1. Close all running programs
>2. Click on [Start] » Run
>3. Type "Regedit" and click [OK]
>4. Open the following folder:
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
>5. Now choose Edit » New » Expandable String Value
>6. Enter "AppData" as a name
>7. Double click the new entry
>8. Enter "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data" in the value data field.
>9. Close the registry editor

Last edited: