ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook help

500bhp Scoob
Kinda new to outlook, well I use it at work, but thats only for 1 account so its easy.

Basically what I want to do is have 2 'Inboxs' 1 for each account, my blueyonder one, and my webspace's one.

I'm pretty sure I can do a filter and get it to do it, but its been so long since I played about with outlook, and its already gone and downloaded the past 3 months worth of mail as i've been using a webmail client instead of outlook express, so don't want to play about too much and end up losing it all.

The version i use is Outlook 2002 if that helps, if anyone has a quick way of doing it, then let me know :) cheers

Tesla MP3 2021
yeah u need to get the correct settings for outlook
like i use ntl with outlook and ive also got my aol account on there...

do a google search...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ok you can't have 2 inboxes, but what you can do is have a folder underneath Inbox called a sub-folder and call 1 Blueyonder and 1 webspace.

Next, click Tools > Rules Wizard then, Click on New..

<more coming>

(I presume you have both email accounts setup in Outlook at this stage)

Polo + Micra
yeah i did this using message rules

basicly if email addy = move to this folder

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
(You'll need to do this twice - once for each account!)

1. After you've clicked "New" for a new Rules,
2. Then at the top select "Start from a Blank Rule"
3. Press next
4. Tick the box that says "through the specified account"
5. In the rule description click on the word "specified"
6. Choose the correct account and press ok
7. Press next
8. Tick the box that says "move it to the specified folder"
9. In the rule description click on the word "specified" again
10. In the rule description click on the word "specified" as above
11. Choose the correct folder and press ok (you can create new folders at this stage if necessary).
12. Press next
13. Press Next
14. Press next
15. Tick the box that says "Run This Rule Now" and ensure the "Turn this rule on" is ticked.
16. Press finish

Welcome to organised inboxes. :)

What this basically does is, as each peice of mail arrives it checks which account it comes through and moves it from the main inbox into the right folder.

Any probs reply or PM me :)

500bhp Scoob
Perfect mate, I remember doing that a few years back when I worked for BAE systems, suprising how much you forget when you don't use it for ages.

Nice one :)