ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OverClocking my E6750 Dual Core

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
My Spec is as folows;

E6750 2.66Ghz Dual Core
Asus P5K Motherboard
2gb Corsair XMS2 6400 800mhz RAM
2gb OCZ 6400 800mhz RAM
Seagate 500GB SATA Hard Drive
EVGA 8800GTS 640MB O/C'd
Freezer 7 Pro Cooler
ASUS D/L SATA DVD/RW

My Pc idles at around just under 20'c and under load usually around 25-28'c, I have a good alluminium Mirage case with two 12cm nexus fans and the CPU cooler, I want to O/C my CPU to around 3.2ghz as i have read this is stable and easily done.

I have looked in the BIOS, and for the life of me i cant see where I adjust my FSB? does anyone run an asus p5k and know where to look in the BIOS?

How the hell do i do it?!?!?!?!

also, what would i need to bump up the FSB to to get around the 3.2ghz mark?

thanks!!

Octavia VRS
I've been looking into this overclocking chat but one thing Sambo: your machine looks a good setup as is, why overclocking already?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
ok. i have overclocked my cpu i think... it still shows in computer info its 2.66ghz dual core, but i guess that will as it is stamped on the cpu.

I have CPU-Z is there anyway of finding out if it is running correctly?

my FSB is set to 400mhz which is right i think... temps are still wayyy low so i might boost it a lil more! lol

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
woop woop

My EVGA Superclock now runs at 640/925 compared to standard of 576/850 and running very stable, The CPU runs at 440x8 which is around 3.52ghz DUAL!

WooP

Water cooling next and some extreme OC'ing hehe

Oh, 3DMark06 got me 11,210 :)

woopwoop