ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P0120 fault code

2002 172
last night my electrical fault light came on quite a few times (roughly 5 times) with my engine management light. i plugged in a code reader and came up with a P0120 TPS code

i know this subject has been covered but i couldnt find a definate answer to what the problem was, what have people done to cure this problem?

is it the throttle body or the pedal?

cheers guys

simonb

Clio sport 172
Hey,

i'm having the same problem as you , ive replace the throttle body twice and the pedal once and had the car reset by Renault. it had been ok for a about 8 months and it has done it again a few times over the past couple of days.
not what you want when your doing 70mph.

ive spoken to a contact in Renault and he seems to think i have a wiring fault somewhere but could take a lot of work to find and be expensive to replace.

anybody have any other ideas or tips and tricks

Clio sport 172
Hey i noticed your coil pack thread and thanks for the response,

can you confirm exactly what was happening with your car? was it just the electrical light that came on?

basically i'm driving around, could be idle at traffic lights or doing 70mph on the motorway. first my the light to the left of the electrical light come on and my engine revs high at standstill, turn the key off and then my electrical light is on and I'm in limp mode.

hook laptop up then get the p0120 code. so i'm a little unsure of replacing the coil pack as i dont know how this code be effecting everything else. although this is the only thing that i have found helpful other than cleaning connectors and checking the loom

R26
Its the second time the coilpack has gone on me and both times it did different things, this time it was only when i was on high revs, it would go into limp mode and the electrical fault light would come on but it was fine after restarting the engine. Eventually i got the toxic emissions light on, all due to the same thing it seems. If you pull the leads off the top of the coilpack and check it as on mine two of the ceramic parts were cracked.

Clio sport 172
cool, will go and have a look now.

had my car 5 years now and when it works i love it but when it's sick i want to batter it, lol.

have you had any problems with any connectors or anything in the fuse box as people mention cleaning connectors and changing relays and fuses.

any ideas?