ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P0136 & P0130 Clio 1.2 16V

Clio II 1.2 16V
Ok I've had this cat just over two weeks now, Plugged a code reader in last week and found a P0136 error code. I Cleared that, and it been fine. However Today it thrown up a P0130, Code once again I've cleared it, however while the MIL light was , The thottle was a little kangaroo like, i.e stuttering, and now pulling very well, However it fine driving it a tad quicker. What will I be looking at here a new Lambda sensor, or some werid wiring fault as it is a 1.2 16V

P0130 is 02 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank I Sensor 1)

P0136 is O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

So basically both your codes are pointing at different sensors so I'd clear them and run it for a while and see how it goes. If it comes back on, check the codes again and see if they match the two previous ones.

Clio II 1.2 16V
Po130 code came Up again after clearing it. And I cleared it again today, Drove it to work and back and it been fine. However I still think its a Sesnor or broken wire/bad earth somewhere, Where the common place to look for broken wires on a 1.2 16V ?

Check the wiring to and from the first lambda sensor, pre-cat.

Circuit malfunction usually means that there's a break in the circuit and its getting little or no response from the sensor.

Clio II 1.2 16V
Well, been driving it a week now, with no error light coming on on the dash, Car still holding back, when cold and ruff running, So when I check the chance, and it not raining I'm going to pull the thottle body off following this guide below. Now one quistion is, If i disconnect the battery I've read, you have to let the ECU know 0% and 100% of thottle on fly by wire system, or is that 100% bull. ?

http://sandpit.no-ip.com/clio/

Clio II 1.2 16V
Right TBH, I thinking now it the coil pack breaking down, I'll take it that the OEM renault one around £70 the best one to get. ?

RB 182 Cup
If I were you I'd pay to get it diagnosed on a proper machine. Handheld DIY machines rarely show everything.

I wouldn't go changing loads of parts first, you could end up replacing loads of parts at huge costs when it was a £5 sensor that was at fault.

Also, if you've got someone you can swap bits with to check, that might also provide a free / cheap route to your diagnosis.