ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P0300 Misfire.....Here we go again!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Mine still wont start. Any helps lads? Cranks a few times then cuts off itself. I have to turn the key fully back then fully forward for it even to crank.

Clio 182 RB
Unplug the white one again (under the bonnet lol) make sure all the pins look good then click it back together again make sure it's shut fully

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Unplug the white one again (under the bonnet lol) make sure all the pins look good then click it back together again make sure it's shut fully
Unfortunatly I have tried that already. The pins appear to be fine but its hard to tell as its under all the other fuses.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Ill go check now.

On a side note, could it be crank position sensor? The more I read about this, the more it makes sense. People have mentioned wiggling the cable when the car wont start. Yesterday, going along a very bumpy road the engine just cut out. Started right back up. Might be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 but worth a mention.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
SO. Its now like a battlefield on the dash. We have the following ON that wont go off (still not starting): STOP, Immobiliser light, SERV, ABS, Battery, Oil and Handbrake (that is on so probably disregard).

yay.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I agree. Must be wiring. But what the hell!

All I have done is undo that white connector and put it back again. Its unlikely I have dislodged anything.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Anyway. After that very large segway, I am now going to continue chasing the misfire.

One very strange thing is that the car doesnt throw a code or EML when under load. Only when idling does the car misfire. This has scrambled my brain slightly as if it was an injector, surely it would be misfiring on idle or when under load?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I've been through this debacle before though. Swapping out used injectors seemed to work for a moment and then nothing. I'll give it a go!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just done a probably 40 mile round trip. Feels fine. Pulls well. Bit janky on idle but that's to be expected. Flashing light came on only at junctions or lights.

I'll switch them out for the used ones and go from there. Thanks lads. Really appreciate it!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
So. Switched out cylinder 2 injector with a spare. Drove fine. Now flashing EML again on idle. This time code P0300 has reared its ugly head again!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
So. Switched out cylinder 2 injector with a spare. Drove fine. Now flashing EML again on idle. This time code P0300 has reared its ugly head again!

P0300 is random cylinder misfire.

It'll be one of the other injectors but it's not telling you which one 😂

When it's idling, unplug each connector one by one to see which one doesn't make a difference.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I'll give that a shot shortly. Just been out for a drive so I'll give it some time before I fiddle. Dont fancy my own personal pig in blanket just yet

Clio 182 RB
hope it works for you, I'm still waiting on my injectors just called euro parts and they said boxing day they'll arive.....I was hoping id have the car sorted so I go for a rip on xmas day with quiter roads