ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P0300 Misfire.....Here we go again!

182 clio
I'm the same i Like to make sure it's that part before buying any parts so I wouldn't worry about.
Glad that's you sorted one thing I've learned over the years with Renault is never assume 😂🙄.
Best double checking everything and assume nothing 🤣

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I'm the same i Like to make sure it's that part before buying any parts so I wouldn't worry about.
Glad that's you sorted one thing I've learned over the years with Renault is never assume 😂🙄.
Best double checking everything and assume nothing 🤣
I just feel that throwing parts at something to solve an issue is an expensive way to do things. If it's your daily, sure, get it fixed asap. But this is a weekend car for me so I have the luxury of time to be able to diagnose and then be specific.

I'm glad the character of the car makes up for this ballache! 😂

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
In the interests of anyone finding this thread in the years to come - I lied. Im sorry.

The fault has continued, it just took me a little while to realise. The cars been off the road for a while because it failed its MOT. So, I have sorted it out, but the misfire remains.

Heres where im at:
New HT leads have been fitted as the aftermarket ones were suspecious. Turns out they were fine. FML.
New Spark Plugs fitted. No change.
Bought a used coil pack off another member. Fitted today and this is where stuff gets interesting.

Before, I was getting code P0300 (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire). Now, I am getting P0302 (Cylinder 2 Misfire). At least, now, I can see which cylinder isnt happy. My thoughts are now to order a new gen oem injector and fit it to cylinder 2. Any other thoughts? I have a spare rail with 3 injectors that are also used. Worth fitting one of those as I have done previously?

Clio 182 RB
In the interests of anyone finding this thread in the years to come - I lied. Im sorry.

The fault has continued, it just took me a little while to realise. The cars been off the road for a while because it failed its MOT. So, I have sorted it out, but the misfire remains.

Heres where im at:
New HT leads have been fitted as the aftermarket ones were suspecious. Turns out they were fine. FML.
New Spark Plugs fitted. No change.
Bought a used coil pack off another member. Fitted today and this is where stuff gets interesting.

Before, I was getting code P0300 (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire). Now, I am getting P0302 (Cylinder 2 Misfire). At least, now, I can see which cylinder isnt happy. My thoughts are now to order a new gen oem injector and fit it to cylinder 2. Any other thoughts? I have a spare rail with 3 injectors that are also used. Worth fitting one of those as I have done previously?

i've just recently had this and also started a thread, today i've got back one of my injectors by doing two things so maybe give this a go.......

first go under the glove box look under near the bonnet release catch and locate a white connector pull it out give it a good blast out and then wd40.
i was told to do this buy rensport as the previous owner said ask him what he did to the electrics to sort it......it worked straight away.

now though its back to its old games but now im convinced it is actually an injector as all the codes comming up are saying exact injectors not random ones.

the second thing i did today was go to the under bonnet fuse box and gave it a good cleean out fuse buy fuse.

try the white connector under the glove box first as that worked for me.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
i've just recently had this and also started a thread, today i've got back one of my injectors by doing two things so maybe give this a go.......

first go under the glove box look under near the bonnet release catch and locate a white connector pull it out give it a good blast out and then wd40.
i was told to do this buy rensport as the previous owner said ask him what he did to the electrics to sort it......it worked straight away.

now though its back to its old games but now im convinced it is actually an injector as all the codes comming up are saying exact injectors not random ones.

the second thing i did today was go to the under bonnet fuse box and gave it a good cleean out fuse buy fuse.

try the white connector under the glove box first as that worked for me.
This is the first i've heard of anything like this but for the effort, I will definitely give it a go!

Would electrical contact cleaner spray be better than wd40? I have both (cos im fancy).

When you say you gave the fuse box a good clean out, did you pull each fuse and give it a bit of a rub, then refit? More info please!

Clio 182 RB
proper stuff would be better I suppose.

yep each fuse came out airlined out the slot and rubbed down the fuses and relays.....only because it was very milky on most, as I said though that was my second option defo go under the glove box first as that resolved everthing for a while.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Thats bizarre. Do you know what that conector is actually for? Must be for something regarding running otherwise why would it work. I dunno, these french baguettes blow my mind sometimes.

Clio 182 RB
tbh i still dont know what its for just followed rensports advise and it worked, weirdly the car still runs unplugged.

he said my car was in to him and it took him a while to figure it out and it ended up being a condensation issue down at that connection.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I wonder if, being that this is a second car and can be left sitting for a while, condensation has got into that connector?

I will literally go and grab the spray now. Report back soon.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
There is also a mysterious plug that has nothing attached. Could that be related?

Also, for clarification, we are talking about the white plug pictured?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
20191221_130735.jpg

Attachments

• 20191221_130730.jpg
    20191221_130730.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 66

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
You've both said different things!

The inside "white connector" is the one above where the passengers feet would go.

The engine bay I cant sort today as I should be working!

Maybe later I should swap out cylinder 2 injector with a spare I have?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just realised I'm talking about a different white plug 😂

That one in the picture is on the UCH, which pretty much controls the electrics side of the car, like lights, wipers, locks...

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just realised I'm talking about a different white plug 😂

That one in the picture is on the UCH, which pretty much controls the electrics side of the car, like lights, wipers, locks...
Whoops. So where am I finding this magical white connector before I dip my car in a vat of WD40 and cross my fingers :ROFLMAO:

Clio 182 RB
You've both said different things!

The inside "white connector" is the one above where the passengers feet would go.

The engine bay I cant sort today as I should be working!

Maybe later I should swap out cylinder 2 injector with a spare I have?

I tried to unplug the white one in the engine bay fuse box but couldnt, just would not play ball!

Clio 182 RB
just cleaned mine out only injector 3 says its faulty but now a new alert code has come up and car wont rev high or at all when in reverse gear

Attachments

• 1576937258894.png
    1576937258894.png
    267.5 KB · Views: 64