ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

packard bell v acer

172beast

My folks bought a Acer laptop, not that model a cheaper one with AMD chip, been spot on, I use it occasionally and wouldn't think twice about buying another Acer, seems decent quality all round.

307 hdi (powered by derv)
cheers, my girlfriend has a lower spec acer, so i'm swaying towards that at the moment.

I just keep getting tempted by the bell diamond screen. The thing is the screen will only be gd when watching dvd's. but i will watch them on ps anyway.

RB 182
Apart from the dact that the Acer has a better spec, I would go for that personally as we have 2 Acer laptops at home and there both great.

Golf GTI 1.8T
missus has a similar acer, the 5103wlmi. very pleased with it, is a nice light stylish laptop and pretty quick too although slow to boot up and runs a lot of processes which I think is down to acer adding their ePerformance gumph.

Looking at them, there is acutally not much difference, 1 has an AMD 1.6 dual core and the other a Intel of the same.

one has shared and the other ATI Radeon, apart from that just the swivvle camera on the 5103.

defo the acer though! and thats a good price me thinks.

RB 182
missus has a similar acer, the 5103wlmi. very pleased with it, is a nice light stylish laptop and pretty quick too although slow to boot up and runs a lot of processes which I think is down to acer adding their ePerformance gumph.

Looking at them, there is acutally not much difference, 1 has an AMD 1.6 dual core and the other a Intel of the same.

one has shared and the other ATI Radeon, apart from that just the swivvle camera on the 5103.

defo the acer though! and thats a good price me thinks.
The graphics are still shared on Packard Bell even though the chipset is ATI Radeon, in fact the memory it's less than the Acer. The hard drive is 40Gb bigger on the Acer and the FSB is higher which is better for performance.

Clio 5 1.2 16v
acer is a must have dont buy packard bell they belong to NEC computers who make the cheapis of the cheapist computers acer all the way