ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pacman Is Back From The Dead

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Not posted in long time and tbh not a great thread to start after coming back. So after getting the engine out of the Clio and Stripping it down after having some knocking going on in the engine. It was found that the oil pump had failed causing the big end shell casing to get too hot and disintegrate and send large chunks of metal through the engine.
I’ve decided that I can no longer afford or justify putting more money into the car.

The options I had on the table was to rebuild the engine which would have got expensive very quickly.

Buy another engine fit it and sell the car or use it for a bit longer until I can afford to get something else.

Or the sensible option is to sell the good bits that I have on the car and make around 5k if I sold everything for what I think it would be worth.

it’s a shame that it’s come to this but sometimes plowing money that I don’t have into the car is just not worth it anymore.
So expect a massive for sale thread soon once I figure out what the parts I have are worth.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There was a 197 for sale on the Facebook group yesterday, £2000.

Looked tidy enough.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Full spec of the car is as follows

set of fifteen52 Tarmac wheels 17inch in Metallic grey just been refurbed a couple of weeks before the engine died.

set of standard Clio 197 wheels in Black

set of track day Clio wheels

Set of Brembo callipers that had just been bought and was on the car only a couple of months.

brand new never fitted Compbrake 2 piece discs.

freshly Refurbed Gearbox vapour blasted with short shifter. Only was on the car a couple of months before the engine went. Had a new clutch and thrust bearing and haa lightened flywheel.

full retrimmed leather interior with Alicantra inserts and yellow stitching. Recaro front seats and standard leather rear seats.

retrimmed steering wheel in Alicantra with yellow stripe and stitching

yellow front seatbelts.

carbon dipped/ carbon fibre dash inserts and main console. Including instrument cluster binacle.

clio 200 clocks

Full set of Ultra racing Strut Braces including a freshly painted boot brace with Fire Ext mounted on it.

KWV3 coilover set one side had a brand new spring fitted not long before it went into storage after engine problems.

Freshly painted Gloss Black Rear Diffuser.
Freshly Painted Gloss Black Front Spoiler
Cup Spoiler.

now do you think I should break it and maybe get at least a good couple grand for it ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Its definitely a car ive considered not buying :/

Problem is they are owned by similar people who buy and ruin st's.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update time.
Pacman is alive !! Well sort of.
The engine is in and running it was taken out for a test drive at which point the other Coilover spring to the other one I replaced earlier in the year has now snapped.
So I’m waiting on a replacement which I hope won’t take too long !!!

FE2613B0-8DC7-4BB5-A734-4758D3971E85.jpeg

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I think we can rename this thread now to Pacman Is back from the dead ( the car not the man )

I’m writing this from a couch at my girlfriends parents house in Poland.
However shortly before I left to come Poland. I finally drove my Clio after 7 long months of waiting. After being mucked around royally by Renparts ( and I am not alone ) I managed to source a replacement engine from a Clio 200 which had only done 50,000 miles.
There was a few other issues and upgrades I wanted to fix and install so we decided to do them at the same time.
The car is now running with the Clio 200 engine, polished inlet manifold, pure motorsport race exhaust and HEL oil cooler mounted in the front bumper, I’ve also replaced the rotors on my 2 piece brakes and put in Ferodo DS.1.11 pads changed some bushes and lower mounts as well as changing the top mounts.
We also had a nightmare towards the end. The car was being test driven it snapped the other coilover spring from my KW V3 set up. So straight onto the phone to KW UK and I got a replacement sent in a couple of days

The car is now running better than ever with the much better Clio engine and that is even before it’s mapped. So I’m looking forward to see what it will run post mapping.
The car now drives and feels like a totally different car with a fresh gearbox also on the car. I’ve spent a small fortune sorting this car out however hopefully this will last another 90,000 miles of fun.
I’m really looking forward to getting it out to its first meet in ages.