ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pagid Blue's - Have I F***ed them?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
All these people with track pads scare me.

A lot of track pads need ages to warm up, I want to know I can stop at the end of my street and not hit the granny crossing the road!

The only track pads I've ever tried that needed heat to bite were Tarox - and they were s***. Wore them out in 1,500 miles.

DS2500 and Pagid Blues especially, have more than enough bite.

Ooh, dragged back up again.

Just to add, since that first problem I had with them not biting, the Pagid Blues been fine ever since.

20,000 miles and 6 trackdays later and there's still about 6mm left on them as well.

Will these new fangled Carbone Lorraine ones last as long?
Been running Carbone for about 5 mouth 3 track days and 2k on the road and they are spent after Oulton yesterday. They eat disc from cold as well and the dust is very bad on the wheels and when it rains you get rust marks on the wheels

MEGANE
DS2500 good for track & road, Friction 97 even better but they eat discs & kill alloys. old greenstuff really crap took them out after 2 weeks, not tried the new ones (not going to) pep.

Cup'd Monaco 172
Yellows work from cold, and get better with heat. Most modern track pads suitable for a light weight hatchback will work from cold.

Years ago track pads were useless until hot, not the case now. My yellows also dust a lot less than greens and standard pads.

I have not tried the pagid and ferodo stuff as I cant fault the ebc stuff and I can get them cheap.

Octavia vRS tfsi
Bumping it up.

Blues ready to go on tomorrow or over the weekend depending on the weather. From the sounds of things so I need to go out and absolutely hammer the pads with circa 8ish 80 to 10 stops then just drive drive drive to let them cool down and that should see them properly bed in?

start off soft and work your way upto 80% max braking performance by the 10th stop.

It will feel like its fading on the 7th-8th run.

let it cool fully and do the same again.

at no point come to a complete stop using the front brakes.