ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAINED XEONONS

clio
ive seen this done on a tt were by the person has painted the plastic part of the light to match the car, has this been ever attempted on a clio?

Ive seen someone do it on dual optics taken apart and the inside painted black, trouble with the mk2 lights is they melt easily when put in the oven to soften the glue iirc, and its a big risk with the units costing so much(ish)

Also resealing is a problem, I've read a few times water will most probably get in if they are taken apart and resealed.

clio
Ive seen someone do it on dual optics taken apart and the inside painted black, trouble with the mk2 lights is they melt easily when put in the oven to soften the glue iirc, and its a big risk with the units costing so much(ish)

Also resealing is a problem, I've read a few times water will most probably get in if they are taken apart and resealed.

i think if you resealed them with silicone you might be ok.... my cars black so i dont think it would look alot diffrent ...shame it wasnt white then it would stand out alot more like the white TT i saw that had them done

clio
Twas a good idea tbf... Just poorly executed.

Op, I wouldn't want to be driving round with headlights held together with silicone :dapprove: is it just me or does that sound like the cover will fly off?

aqurium sealent is super strong and alot stronger than normal silicone ..this is the stuff ive always used, most likley would be a stronger option than the original glue... might be intresting to have a go at this seeing as it hasent been done before hmm

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
My old Dual Optics had been painted - bought them from poriordan.

DSCF1762s.jpg

Subtle-ish, but prefer the normal ones that are in now. The old ones are still kicking around somewhere.