ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint blasted off :(

Changes to often
well i know a few will say should have washed it myself, i know, i was been lazy, but its beside the point.

had my car washed by one of them drive in wash places, one ive been to many times. got home to find the paint had been blasted of by there jet wash.

i was so angry, words cant describe, an the fact that they didnt tell me and let me drive off made me even more angry.

so went back to them and they have told me to come back later and they will ''fix it for me'' which i cant see happening, ive had a few quotes on the repair done properly of arround £250

Whats can i do if they wont pay up???

and yes ill be washing it myself from now on

08875e54.jpg

417bd085.jpg

e7cc52e1.jpg

Changes to often
its likely to have been repaired previously badly,

the guys had a good look at it at the body shop and they said its either had a very good repair in the past or its original paint, its because of a few stone chips they got to close with the jetwash they said

oh dear, looks like its come off from a previous repair on the bumper or a respray it may have had. Notice the silver inserts next to the 'vent' holes, they should be black if it was original.

Changes to often
oh dear, looks like its come off from a previous repair on the bumper or a respray it may have had. Notice the silver inserts next to the 'vent' holes, they should be black if it was original.

im not sure where you mean pal? either way they should pay for it as they have damaged it :(

Nissan 350z

This. Your bumper has more than likely been repaired previously, they obviously havent done a proper job and now your suffering the consiquences of a previous owner by the looks of it. Unlucky :(

Edit: OP; Look at your bumper, see underneath the edge of the headlight there appears to be an section of bumper thats pressed in further than the rest? From Renault they have a textured black sticker that fills this gap the fact yours doesnt mean they have been removed (potentially during repainting)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
im not sure where you mean pal? either way they should pay for it as they have damaged it :(

He means the silver vertical bars (there’s one above the bigger of the chips).

It'll be down to a poor spray job. Mine is doing the same and mine is only ever hand washed by myself. Basically the bumper wasn’t prep'd properly before being sprayed.

TBH its not really the fault of the car washing place IMO as it was guaranteed to happen sooner or later.

Changes to often
might have had a previous repair, but they guy at the body shop, (copcutts toyota) said if it has been repaird its had a very good one, he did have a very good look at the paint, he said its peeled because they got to a few stone chips

Changes to often
just had a look and the from bumper looked like that, when Ash on here owned the car like 3 or 4 years ago

Evo 5 RS
Renault paint isn't prone to flake like that, Ford's are terrible for it. That's 100% been painted and they've not prepped the plastic properly. See it a lot

That, or they got ridiculously close with the Jet wash, which is the card you want to play anyway lol. Say you've had it from new

Changes to often
they did get stupidly close, and i was infact gunna have a look before i left, but i would have expected them to say somthing.

good news is ive had a huge rant at them and they are gunna pay for the repair :clap:

Clio
good news with the repair.. but we had a work van get the rear quarter painted its a 58 plate transit.. the paint wasnt done correctly and did exactly that :(

Juts a s**tty paint job I'm afraid.

100% wouldn't have happened to an OEM finish.

Second pic looks like a rattle can special.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm sorry but if a Toyota bodyshop employee cannot see that that has been painted then he needs to take his sorry ass down the job centre and look for another career.

Masking lines (top right) and micro-blistering all over the shop.
417bd085.jpg

But either way, the car wash guys have got too close with the jetwash so they need to sort the problem.

Changes to often
yeh luckerly they are sorting it, there boss has a body shop round the corner too, and is doing it for free tomorrow, not sure on how good a job its gunna be, cant imagine it will be any worse than it already is lol

PH2 172
Just to confirm when ash brought the clio i belive he had the front bumper resprsyed due to stonechips hence why the bumper hasnt got any black stickers.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I'm sorry but if a Toyota bodyshop employee cannot see that that has been painted then he needs to take his sorry ass down the job centre and look for another career.

Masking lines (top right) and micro-blistering all over the shop.
417bd085.jpg

But either way, the car wash guys have got too close with the jetwash so they need to sort the problem.

You are such a paint geek. Im surprised you're not into hardcore detailing.

LY R26
I never had it painted when i owned it, when i bought it the inserts were missing i just never replaced them, which led me to believe it had been repainted before i got it. glad its getting sorted tho pal.

Changes to often
I never had it painted when i owned it, when i bought it the inserts were missing i just never replaced them, which led me to believe it had been repainted before i got it. glad its getting sorted tho pal.

couldent have been that bad of a job im pretty sure its been jet washed in all them years lol.