ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint cellulite?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Hello

I sprayed my rear bumper insert this week, and all was good until I put the lacquer on - and now it has an orange peely cellulite finish to it :dapprove:

Would Scratch-X be any good at sorting it?

(lacquer was sprayed a few days ago and it's just been sat curing since)

wet and dry sand it until its all level then re laqure it you might need to re spray it if its that bad

it went like that beacuse you sprayed it too thick do a few really light coats and it will come out better

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like loony says wet sand with 1500 grit wet n dry . Depending how thick you have applied the lacquer will depend whether you would need to relacquer it , but i would say just scratch x it afterwards and will come up smooth and shiny .

As Luke says , sounds like you've applied it too thick , thinner coats are better .Lacquers funny stuff , if you apply it too thick when it drys you can get a rougher finish and runs .

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
And I'm blaming my boyfriend for it being too thick cos he said I wasn't good enough to spray it, so he did it lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
bunzee said:
And I'm blaming my boyfriend for it being too thick cos he said I wasn't good enough to spray it, so he did it lol

Let him read this post then . Yep definitely your boyfriends lack of skill ;)

lol, yeah too heavy handed with it, tell him he should let a woman who'll be less hamfisted do it next time. Multiple thin coats is the best way to go rather than one thick one or you get peel and runs in it. Needs to be a bit more patient ;)

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I'll tell him that lol

Thanks for the advice guys, have wet sanded and scratch-x'd it and its come up a treat :)