ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint coming off

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I was planning on giving my car a very quick wash this evening, it has needed it for a while but i aint had a time or weather for it.

Started with the turinis as they were really bad (new pads all round seems to have created more dust than normal) and noticed that the 2 on the drivers side looked like they had been splashed with something. When i tried to clean the front one this "splash" didn't really come off very easily and some not at all. Decided to see if the same would happen on the back one, but it came off very easily but with what looks like a layer of paint, gutted:mad:
I am guessing it is this mystery liquid and not just excessive brake dust being cleaned off.

I have no idea what this stuff is but as you can imagine im not pleased. I think that the turinis have been refurbed in the past but not professionally, but i thought they looked pretty good still.

Think i may have to give these 2 a re-spray, and hope i manage to do a good job.

ZX6R B1H
if they have been painted, Do yourself a massive favor....

Get them blasted or dipped before you start. give yourself a miles better bade to paint over.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
What does the blasting or dipping involve and what sort of costs am i looking at?
Am having a look at the cost of full refurbs at the mo.

RSC 182 Cup
What brake pads are you running? I used some metallic pads on my old 4WD and ended up with the alloys being ruined from brake dust particles embedding themselves through the clear coat. :(

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
What brake pads are you running? I used some metallic pads on my old 4WD and ended up with the alloys being ruined from brake dust particles embedding themselves through the clear coat.

Sorry, just dug up this thread. I have got ferodo premium pads on the front (not 2500's) running on brembo HC discs, but some cheap ones on the back, so i don't think its cos of them as its happened on just one side of the car front and back wheels!

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it cost to get the wheels acid dipped or blasted? I haven't got round to doing anything to my wheels yet. (no money or time)