ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

paint on glass

My cars been at garage to get the side resprayed, the body work looks brill now, But they have left some paint on my side window. Is there anyway to remove it? something I can do myself?

cheers.

R35 GTR
Easy, just get some meguairs(sp) clay and detailing spray from halfrauds. Got all the paint off my rear window.

106 GTi
On minor amounts of paint detailing clay should shift it. On a large amount of overspray a flat blade will be much quicker and effective.

Sweet got some clay anyways il give that a shot cheers guys, while im here, because the side has been resprayed im i right in thinking i can go ahead and polish it, but just dont wax it so it gives it a better chance to cure? btw the paint has been baked

106 GTi
Will be fine to polish it as long as it is a bodyshop safe sealant/wax free one. Worth asking who painted it as it may also be safe to seal straight away, if not may need to wait 30-60 days.

106 GTi
It contains some wax/sealant and leaves a protective layer behind so would not use it unless you have been told it is fine to seal