ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint quote

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've been thinking of having my flame red 172 tidied up had a quote of £500 to have my front bumper, bonnet and wings as well as the cup spoiler resprayed. Does this sound a realistic amount for this kind of work?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yeah seems pretty good to me and he has come recommended to me by a friend who's used him but I'll question him as to whether that is a bumper off job rather than a dodgy masking up effort.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sounds pretty cheap to me too! Good if someone you know has recommended them. Not the easiest of colours either flame red.

Last edited:

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Thanks chaps, I'm beginning to worry about this now. Great if it's a good job at that price, less good if it comes back looking more of a harlequin than it does already.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
For that. He’s not taking the bumper and bonnet to bare finish which is super important to a good job and longevity. On a Clio size from end, I would be nearer 800+. Bumper will have so many indentations from stone chips it takes time to get right.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
For that. He’s not taking the bumper and bonnet to bare finish which is super important to a good job and longevity. On a Clio size from end, I would be nearer 800+. Bumper will have so many indentations from stone chips it takes time to get right.
OK, I'll see what his intentions were otherwise its £500 wasted

172 , 133
I've been thinking of having my flame red 172 tidied up had a quote of £500 to have my front bumper, bonnet and wings as well as the cup spoiler resprayed. Does this sound a realistic amount for this kind of work?
I've just had my flame red 172 painted bumber bonnet , wing and arch repaired and cost me 650

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Cheers mate, not a bad price that. The guy who did my spoiler had a hell of a game as my paint is quite faded on the roof, I really would like to get the front end done but I'm concerned it will look worse than what's there already

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I got my bumper repaired and completely stripped back, and grill too, and they fit a splitter to it... £450 all in I think it was and really good job.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Is £400 a fair quote for front and rear bumper scuffs on quarters to be fixed and painted?

CF3393A6-B953-44FD-90A9-3FB738F2D415.jpeg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's cheap. Ask him if the bumpers are being removed and the trims taking off or is it smart repair front and back.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In fairness there is a job for everyone out there. It just depends what you want.