ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint restore

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Following on from this t5hread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3177486#post3177486

I also need to restore the colour on my dads car. It is meant to be a red astra but i keep looking out the window and seeing a pink astra.

I have just tried a patch on the faded paintwork with mer and a patch with t-cut. I will look in the morning and see what the results are like.

But in the meantime, which is the best way of restore the paint?

Is it just a case of using layers of polish to bring the shine and colour back or do i need to get some carplan coloured t-cut to do the job?

Hope you can help

The detailing novice.

106 GTi
A good chemical cleaner will cut through oxidisation I normally use Klasse All in One. You can use the physical abrasive cutting method on it too.

Then seal/wax. Avoid the colour magic type stuff.

307 hdi (powered by derv)
A good chemical cleaner will cut through oxidisation I normally use Klasse All in One. You can use the physical abrasive cutting method on it too.

What does that method entail? Sorry to be a pain

106 GTi

What does that method entail? Sorry to be a pain

Klasse All in One uses chemicals type cleaning.

Physical Cut - would be a proper polish with cutting power - ie T Cut or Poorboys SSR's etc.