ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint stripper

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a thread up about this and Daniel mentioned some sort of brick cleaner from B&Q or the likes.

I wouldn't bother with nitromors it isn't the same as it used to be.

Tried to strip some bike wheels at work with it and it wouldn't budge the paint.

Sand blasting would be your best bet buddy. That's what we did with the bike wheels, only cost a tenner per wheel.

Take them and have the professionally dipped, then lightly sand blasted......and i mean lightly you dont want a billy with a blower else they will be pitted to hell. Everything else you will be waiting your time with, if you dont have them dipped and just sand blasted, they will be heavily pitted as they will use a corse compound to do it quickly.

Cheers,
Si @ SS

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I used nitromoors to remove paint from alloys before and my god did I make a mess, still spent f**king ages rubbing all the lumpy mess off.

Do what spray shack said tbh would be a lot more ideal.

Phase 1 172
How the hell can paint stripper take chunks out of the aluminium? it cant.

my mate used nitromors on a set of BMW alloys, left it on for a while. when he took it off small pieces of ali came off with it. FACT

just because you haven't heard of it happening before doesnt mean it cant. i dont take lightly to someone that doesnt even know me to call me a liar.

SQ5
Sounds like they'd been refurbed and filled with liquid metal and that fell out from it. It won't melt proper wheels lol!

Phase 1 172
Sounds like they'd been refurbed and filled with liquid metal and that fell out from it. It won't melt proper wheels lol!

maybe so, i only mentioned it as a precaution for others as it would be s**t if your beloved wheels where fucked because of paint stripper! how are you to know what lies under paint if they are used...

i thought car forums where so people could share and discuss, not murder someone when they suggest or share something. even if you do think you know it all.

(this is not aimed at ANYONE in particular! just my view)

Arctic Blue 182
maybe so, i only mentioned it as a precaution for others as it would be s**t if your beloved wheels where f**ked because of paint stripper! how are you to know what lies under paint if they are used...

i thought car forums where so people could share and discuss, not murder someone when they suggest or share something. even if you do think you know it all.

Simmer down.

maybe so, i only mentioned it as a precaution for others as it would be s**t if your beloved wheels where fucked because of paint stripper! how are you to know what lies under paint if they are used...

It's a car forum...

Like every other car forum...

Everyone knows best

LOL

SQ5

You quoted my post so I would very much assume it was aimed at me.

But paint stripper will not remove chunks of metal from your wheel unless previously repaired.

Anyway, sanding the original lacquer away and re priming over the original paint will give a good finish.