ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint thickness gauge group buy

sorry to hi jack the thread but hows it going mark ? nice work on the recent porche i must say, would you say some poorboys nattys blue would be a good choice to replace the meg #26 sample you gave me ?

106 GTi
P21s on Blues everyday of the week.

As for paint thickness gauges I ain't to sure myself!

Yeh, obviously it measures the thickmess. but why?

Seems like a grass blade counter for your garden, completely pointless!! lol

Revels106 said:
Yeh, obviously it measures the thickmess. but why?

If the paint is very thin and you are about to hit it with a very aggressive polish to remove scratches and swirls it might make you think again, unless of course seeing primer or bare metal is preferable to scratches.

106 GTi
A must for rotary users.

Still have issues with them and there use for clearcoat finishes though.

There are general guidelines on the amount of clearcoat on a car - you saw its use on the M3 Rich? The sides were only 90 microns compared to the bonnets etc which were 150+

The clearcoat thickness can be worked out by measring an area of paint that hsan't been clearcoated such as engine bay inside bootlid etc.

Still only educated guessing but far more preferable to compounding in ingnorance with a rotary

106 GTi
brazo said:
Still only educated guessing but far more preferable to compounding in ingnorance with a rotary

Fully agree, the first part is why I have my issues, I want somthing even more sure fire after my wheel incident! :eek:

I would not even want to touch a rotary on a car without a PTG.

106 GTi
Could be, Still makes me want something that lets me know exactly how thick the laquer itself is though!