ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAINTING CALIPERS RED

Hey people, just about to paint my calipers on my MKII 172.

Anyone got any info on what to do or where to look to make sure the friggin stuff stays on and looks the business.

I saw a silver MkI 172 the other day with red calipers and it looked the dogs!!

Ive been thinking of doing this to mine...what colour are you thinking of doing and what colour is your car??? Do you have standard alloys??

Post a pick on here when youve done!!

yes did mine with red hammerite, its takes a long to dry
i used a hair dryer if you use normal paint was rust will break
through
will post a pic

Use the proper stuff, halfords ripspeed flog it, it drys quickly and is heat resistant which means it will last. its 2 part epoxy so its really tough.

you also get sh*t loads of it, cos its aimed at dare i say boy racers who want to paint there drums ( nice ).

Meant to wait a day for it to dry properly, b****cks just wait for it to be touch dry and drive off, i did, its still on there.

personally think colours look a little cack unless they are decent calipers, i dont know what they are on a 172, its all down to personal taste isnt it.

Mine are black, so look clean and tidy without drawing attention to them.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Use Hammerite like everyone says, but i used the spray, much quicker and less messy. I just masked everything not to be painted up and did 4 coats, the first 1-2 will soak in to the metal, so its not like itll be flaking off. Also use brake cleaner on the calipers first and wire brush them.

nice one guys, just bought some red Hammerite today so this should do the business!

This Saturday morning she will be on four stands having them done.

Aparantly the stuff takes about 10 minutes to dry so Ill just keep going round the car and give them a few coats.

Ill post a piccy when Im done